1. Hines announced it will host a groundbreaking ceremony for its new 25-story, 379-unit downtown Phoenix luxury multifamily complex Adeline on January 14, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. The ceremony will be held at 222 E. Jefferson St.
2. U-Haul® International broke ground on a multi-million dollar, 54.2KSF conference and fitness center, a part of a corporate expansion in Midtown Phoenix. The two-story, state-of-the-art facility will be stationed along Roanoke Avenue between Central Avenue and 3rd Street, just east of the U-Haul corporate towers. It is scheduled for completion by December 2020. Carhuff + Cueva Architects, LLC, is the project architect. Chasse Building Team is the general contractor.
3. The Academies of Math and Science (AMS) is breaking ground in Avondale on Saturday, Dec. 14. The groundbreaking event will be hosted in partnership with Adolfson & Peterson Construction.
4. Developer Dominium has secured $51.7M of construction and permanent financing for Solstice of Mesa, a 237-unit age-restricted, low-income housing community expected to be completed by the summer of 2021.
5. Desert Land Group and Civitas Senior Living have partnered to build The Bluffs of Flagstaff, a 210.5KSF community offering a continuum of care with 120 independent living, 66 assisted living, and 18 memory care apartments. The project is expected to be completed in Fall 2021. The architect is Senior by Design and the general contractor is Greenberg Construction.
6. The addition to the Mohave County Courthouse is a little more than 50 percent completed and is projected to be completed in late 2020. The project is a four-story 66KSF and costs more than $20M. The general contractor is Johnson Carlier.
7. The Pascua Yaqui Tribe and Casino Del Sol recently held a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the 151-room Estrella at Casino Del Sol hotel. The general contractor for the project was McCarthy Building Companies. The architect was Cuningham Group.
8. The Cambria Hotel Downtown Phoenix, located in the Roosevelt Row Arts District, is now open. The seven-story, 127-room, $26M hotel is managed by Oxford Hotels & Resorts, LCC, the developer, True North Studio worked with Tempe-based architect DAVIS and Scottsdale-based general contractor UEB Builders.
9. Fairfield Inn & Suites in Tolleson is completed and has been operational since Nov.15th. The Tolleson hotel represents the fifth hotel asset currently open and operating under the new strategic partnership between Virtua Partners and Hotel Equities.