1. Creation RE/PE announced the land closing and construction start of 10 West Commerce Park, an 863KSF industrial development to be located on a 76-acre site in Buckeye. Careful consideration has been given to circulation, maneuverability and building design with special attention to critical items such as clear height, loading configuration and enhanced parking / yard availability. LGE Design Group is the architect and LGE Design Build is the general contractor.
2. ViaWest Group has broken ground on Goodyear Crossings Industrial Park located at the southwest corner of Elwood Street and Sarival Avenue in Goodyear. The plan includes three industrial buildings of 284.3KSF, 58.5KSF, and 67.5KSF in size. Each building is planned for single or multi-tenant use and all include state-of-the-art specifications. Delivery is intended for Q3 2021. Willmeng Construction, McCall & Associates, and Kaeko Inc. are part of the development team.
3. Liberty Elementary School District hosted a groundbreaking ceremony on February 8th, to celebrate the start of construction on the new Blue Horizon Elementary School, 2700 W. Blue Horizon Parkway North in Buckeye. Blue Horizon Elementary is a prototype design of the recent Liberty Elementary School rebuild, also designed by DLR Group. Chasse Building Team is the general contractor, and the first phase is expected to open in fall 2021.
4. Landsea Homes announced the groundbreaking and beginning of construction on model homes for three new communities in Arizona – Vidrio at Estrella in Goodyear, Sunset Farms in Tolleson, and Madison Square in Phoenix. The new communities will have a total lot count of 274 homesites, adding a supply to the region’s thriving home demand.
5. Radar Capital Partners announced it has provided a $2.3M construction loan to an Arizona-based real estate group for the development of a Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers property in Phoenix. Construction on the 3.5KSF project has now commenced and is anticipated to complete in summer 2021.
6. Initial construction is well underway on two East Valley ADOT freeway projects designed to open more travel options for drivers in the east Mesa and south Gilbert areas. The $77M SR 24 project, which started in December, will add an interim four-lane divided roadway for five miles between Ellsworth Road and Ironwood Drive and is scheduled to be complete by late 2022. Meanwhile, crews broke ground in January on the $21.7M project to add a new Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) interchange at Lindsay Road. Completion is scheduled in early 2022.
7. The north phase of the Northern 101 Commerce Center in Glendale is now complete, and the south phase is expected to be delivered soon, bringing the total square footage to 388.6KSF. LGE Design Group was the architect and LGE Design Build is the general contractor.
8. The Arizona Department of Transportation’s project to reconstruct the Interstate 17 bridge over Central Avenue south of downtown Phoenix will reach the midway point this weekend (February 20th-22nd) when freeway traffic is switched to the new southbound half of the structure. Crews working since last May have removed the old southbound half of the I-17 bridge and replaced it with a wider steel girder structure providing more clearance for traffic on Central Avenue when the entire $13.5M project is completed by this fall.
9. Rinchem Company, Inc., a New Mexico chemical-gas shipping company, is investing $10M in the 50KSF expansion of its Chandler facility on West Morelos Place. The expansion is well underway and is expected to be complete in June. Rinchem’s existing building on this site is 100KSF and was completed in 2015. The expansion is expected to add a couple dozen jobs with room for future growth.
10. Construction on Greystar Real Estate Partners’ Union on 6th, a new 252-unit, 292.5KSF student living complex with 36KSF of commercial space at 4th Avenue and 6th Street, is expected to be finished in early summer 2021. Chasse Building Team is the general contractor on the project.
11. Mii amo Spa in Boyton Canyon, announced plans for an extensive renovation and expansion began last month. The last guests departed on January 3rd, 2021 and a revitalized Mii amo will be unveiled in the spring of 2022. Improvements include a new indoor-outdoor restaurant, renovation of 16 casita rooms, construction of new casita rooms and suites, new fitness studio and programs and more. Gluckman Tang Architects are responsible for the design of the upcoming renovations and expansion.
12. A project directed by Stevens-Leinweber Construction (SLC) has expanded the Tolleson Rail Corridor with a new rail spur. The spur establishes direct railway access to a Georgia-Pacific (GP) Corrugated manufacturing facility, recently completed within Merit Partners’ Tolleson Corporate Park in Tolleson. The rail spur, and the GP Corrugated building, are part of a metro Phoenix High Impact District supporting a robust rail line presence required by many of the Valley’s most prominent manufacturing and distribution operations.