1. The Sundt Foundation awarded grants to nine Southern Arizona nonprofits during its current giving round. The Foundation awards grants each quarter to local charities that support disadvantaged children and families. Nonprofits are selected through an application process and reviewed by a committee of Sundt employee-owners. The non-profits that received the grants were:
- Diaper Bank of Southern Arizona
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson
- Southern Arizona Network for Down Syndrome
- Marshall Home for Men
- STEP: Student Expedition Program
- Gabriel’s Angels
- Inside Out Network
- Sol Food Initiatives
- Children’s Museum Tucson
2. Fulton Homes is partnering with KSLX for the return of Fulton Homes’ Cause for Paws awareness campaign that gives families a set of dog booties. Donations are encouraged but not required, with all proceeds going to the Arizona Humane Society for their canine family members. Those interested in learning more about the campaign or donating can visit: https://kslx.com/fultonhomescauseforpaws
3. Builders FirstSource, Inc. announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Cornerstone Building Alliance SW, LLC. The acquisition cost was approximately $400M, subject to certain closing adjustments.
4. TDIndustries, Inc. announced that Gary Roden has been promoted to Vice President of Design-Build Business Development. Roden will be responsible for the development and implementation of TD’s design-build marketing and sales strategy.
5. Tiffany Pennington was promoted to Vice President of Client Relations at TEPCON Construction. Known for building strong relationships with customers, Tiffany will focus on creating expectational client experiences as well as cultivating new relationships. She was also appointed to TEPCON’s Leadership Team and will actively participate in future growth of the company.
6. Orcutt | Winslow welcomed Thomas “TJ” Chasty to their National Healthcare Studio. With more than 15 years of experience as a healthcare architect, TJ has been dedicated to national and international projects for a range of health and wellness clients that provide primary care, secondary care, and tertiary care, as well as public health.
7. RSP Architects welcomes Michael Krager AIA, NCARB, LEED AP as an Associate Principal and Director of Professional Development. This new leadership role is unique in the rapidly changing AEC industry, as Krager will focus on client work as well as heightening project delivery and professional development for the growing practice.
8. Todd & Associates, Inc. welcomed Steve Voorhees, RLA as Director of Landscape Architecture. Voorhees has more than 36 years of award-winning expertise in multifamily housing, senior living communities, student living environments, higher education, planned communities, and healthcare.
9. Kirk Kuller has joined Cushman & Wakefield’s National Industrial Advisory Group (IAG) as a Senior Director with over 20 years of experience in the commercial real estate industry.
10. Zachary Taylor has joined RVi Planning + Landscape Architecture’s Tempe office as Designer.
11. Jon Imada has joined Spectra Electrical Services, Inc. of Tempe, as a Project Manager. Jon brings more than seven of experience in the electrical industry including both field work and management.
12. R.O.I. Properties announced the hiring of Aaron Shapiro as the newest member of their Commercial Team. As Commercial Associate, Aaron will service client listings and buyer requirements for commercial and land assets.
13. Nick Roe joined BH DevCo as a Director of Development Services and is responsible for capitalizing on build-to-suit development opportunities. With over two decades of experience, Roe has completed projects across multiple sectors, including retail, lifestyle, multifamily and medical.
14. Derek Ruterman joined BH DevCo as Director of Development Services and is responsible for overseeing project execution throughout the development lifecycle. With two decades of commercial construction and real estate experience, Derek has worked with iconic e-commerce brands and national office clients, delivering on a range of different project types across industry sectors.