A new clubhouse will be the first order of business for the planned $50.9M Tempe Diablo Stadium renovation program.
Under an agreement between the City of Tempe and the Los Angeles Angels, who use the facility for Cactus League spring training, Tempe will contribute $40.9M to improving the 75-acre facility near 48th Street and Alameda Drive. As part of the agreement, the Angels will stay in Tempe through at least 2035. The team will start out paying annual rent of $500K, and rent will increase 1.8 percent a year starting in 2023.
Proposed renovations include:
- A new home team clubhouse;
- Suites and new group event areas;
- A new outfield concourse;
- Shade installation over the bowl seating;
- Seat replacement;
- Upgraded lighting, and
- Improving the Major League Baseball training facility and clubhouse, among other upgrades.
A design and construction service agreement will be approved by Tempe City Council to begin work on the new home team clubhouse, which will be completed before the 2022 season. Other work is scheduled for 2024. (Source)