Awards & Accolades
1. Small Giants, LLC has been selected as one of OUTSIDE Magazine’s Best Places to Work. The winning companies provide great workplaces for employees and encourage a balance between work and enjoying life in the great outdoors, while focusing on supportive work practices.
2. Achen-Gardner Construction recently won two prestigious awards at the Arizona Chapter Associated General Contractors of America 85th Anniversary Celebration Dinner and Awards Ceremony. The company received a Build Arizona Award for their City of Phoenix Val Vista Transmission Main Rehabilitation CMAR project, and Cesar Martinez, Safety Manager, received the Safety Professional of the Year Award.
Boards & Commissions
3. Pat Boyle, a Director at Cushman & Wakefield, has been named 2019 Chairman for the NAIOP Arizona Developing Leaders program, which serves commercial real estate professionals age 35 and under.
4. Terry Martin-Denning, President and CEO of NAI Horizon, was named to the NAI Global Leadership Board at the commercial real estate firm’s annual convention in Austin, Texas.
5. DCS Contracting, one of Arizona’s leading civil engineering contractors, has just celebrated its 25th year in business and has also just recently moved into its brand new 7.2KSF office in Chandler.
6. Josh Hartmann has been promoted to CEO of NexMetro Communities, LLC. Promoted from COO, Hartmann takes over the position from Ken Abrahams, a NexMetro co-founder who will remain on the company’s board as executive chairman.
7. PK Associates has announced new leadership roles for three principals in the firm. Valerie Granger, P.E., S.E., has been named President. Steven C. Slonaker, P.E., S.E., has been named Director of Engineering. Christa Chau, P.E., S.E., LEED AP, has been named Director of Special Projects.
8. CBRE announced that Steve Julius and Jesse Goldsmith have been promoted to First Vice President with CBRE Capital Markets, Retail. The team will continue to focus on advising a diverse mix of private and institutional investors on their long-term real estate and investment strategies.
9. ABI Multifamily has announced Jack Hannum has joined the firm as Senior Vice President in the company’s Phoenix Office. Hannum will focus on enhancing the firm’s Institutional presence, primarily focusing on properties of more than 150-units.
10. Bill Bressler has joined Waltz Construction as an educational consultant who brings a proven skillset and expertise to lead innovative planning, start-up, and implementation for K-12 clients.
11. Transwestern announced the addition of renowned Arizona real estate executive Jim Fijan, who has 35 years of commercial real estate experience, to serve as Executive Managing Partner to drive continued growth in Phoenix while fostering a collaborative and engaging environment throughout the region.
12. TankGirl Marketing has added two members to its team in Phoenix. Nikki Hasburn has joined as general graphics, and Faith Petersen has joined as cadet content coordinator.
13. Iconic Design Studio, a full-service, woman-owned interior design firm, has announced the addition of Katherine McCravey as a senior design consultant.
14. Lee & Associates Arizona has created a land division and has added Brent Moser and Mike Sutton as principals for the division.
15. Samantha Pinkal has joined City of Surprise as an Economic Development Project Manager focused on strategic business attraction. In her new role, she will analyze trends and economic markets, develop strong working relationships with key industry leaders, negotiate complex agreements, and conduct sales presentations and prospect tours.
16. Edward Dickinson Wright (Dick Wright), former Arizona Department of Transportation State Engineer has passed away. Wright spent more than 40 years working in highway construction and served in both the public and private sectors of construction management.