1. The Banner Ironwood Medical Center campus is growing in Queen Creek. Ground was broken Wednesday, Jan. 23, for the construction of a 60KSF outpatient medical office building on the far north end of the Banner Ironwood campus. Construction is estimated to be completed later this summer. Ryan Companies US, Inc. is the general contractor.
2. A new 6.3KSF building is going up at Ina Road Professional Center, originally platted and constructed the mid-1980’s. This new building will be a built-to-suit for Dr. Susan S Courtney Family Medicine. Caylor Construction Company is the general contractor for the project.
3. The Local, a new, 580KSF, multimillion-dollar, mixed-use development located in the heart of downtown Tempe at University Drive and Ash Avenue, is set to welcome its first residents April 2019. The general contractor is JE Dunn Construction. The architects are Humphreys & Partners Architects and interior design is being done by ESG Architects.
4. Achen-Gardner Construction has announced that GMP 3 of the Scenario 16A Transmission Main Rehabilitation CMAR project for the City of Phoenix is in full swing. This portion of the project includes the rehabilitation of 5,290 LF of existing 60” PCCP water transmission main. The project is expected to be complete in March 2019.
5. The team of Pimara Construction and Achen-Gardner Construction is installing more than 2,700 LF of 8” DIP water line on Mesa Drive and more than 2,600 LF of 12” PVC water line on Dobson Road for the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community. Construction is expected to be complete sometime in February.
6. Kids Incorporated Learning Centers is hosting an opening celebration on Feb. 23 for its 13KSF Queen Creek facility at 41060 N. Ironwood Drive.
7. JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa has recently completed $8M worth of renovations to its resort including the addition of six new pool suites and 12 new cabana cottages, an expanded fitness center, and construction of 12 pickleball courts.
8. On Jan. 24, Avondale Mayor Kenn Weise was joined by WESTMARC president Sintra Hoffman, Congressman Lorenzo Sierra, Heers Management president Brett Heers and other Arizona civic and business leaders at a VIP reception to celebrate the opening of Avalon Apartment Homes, 2005 N. 103rd Ave., Avondale. Inland Empire Builders served as the general contractor, and Eric Miller Architects served as the architect on the project in partnership with Heers. The $80M, 400-unit luxury apartment home complex broke ground in August 2017. To date, the luxury apartments are already 50% occupied.
9. McCarthy Building Companies has announced the completion of the 25KSF Combs Performing Arts Center and Sports Field House. A grand opening celebration is planned for January 29th.