1. P.B.Bell recently donated $7K to The Singletons, a non-profit organization that has aided over 300 single parents diagnosed with cancer and receiving active chemotherapy along with their 1000+ children. The donation will enable the organization to restock 25 homes with basic household necessities, pay 30 electric bills and provide 100 family-style meals to its families.
Awards & Accolades
2. Anthony Heim, Project Manager for SWP Contracting and Paving received the ADOT Spirit in Partnering Award Wednesday, January 9th. His collaborative workstyle on the ADOT Midway Road (Ash Avenue to Cornman Road) Improvements earned him this recognition.
3. Sharon Harper, President, CEO, and co-founder of The Plaza Companies, is the first woman to win NAIOP Arizona’s Award of Excellence. She will be presented the award at the 2018 Best of NAIOP on March 28 at the Arizona Biltmore. The award recognizes an individual who has made a significant, positive impact on the commercial real estate industry in Arizona over a period of at least 15 years, along with direct volunteer contributions to the chapter.
Boards & Commissions
4. Michael Gonzalez, director of McCarthy’s Southwest region, was named board chairman for the Arizona chapter of the Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA).
5. Achen-Gardner Construction has announced they have merged with civil construction firm, Emery Sapp & Sons, and they are now a 100 percent employee-owned ESOP. Achen-Gardner Construction’s name, logo and identity will remain the same and they will continue to operate under their current license.
6. 2019 will mark 100 years in business for Rosendin Electric, the electrical contracting industry’s largest employee-owned firm. With revenues upwards of $2B, Rosendin has grown dramatically over the last century with 6,000 employees across 15 regional offices nationwide, each of which offers an increasing number of services.
7. Concord General Contracting has announced that they have launched their new brand with the goal of creating a fresh, updated look that reflects their culture. Concord has also announced the relocation of their corporate office to 2240 W Broadway Rd, Suite 105, Mesa.
8. Timmons Group, a Richmond, Virginia-based civil engineering and infrastructure firm, has opened its first Arizona office at 971 N. Gilbert Rd, Gilbert, to focus on the company’s West Coast clients and pursue other work in the Southwest U.S.
9. Tucson-based heating, ventilation and air conditioning contractor Pueblo Mechanical & Controls has acquired Phoenix-based Commercial Air Inc., as Pueblo’s parent pursues a plan to create a regional HVAC service platform.
10. Norris Design has recently promoted Kraig Weber to Associate in their Flagstaff office.
11. Trammell Crow Company announced that Paul Tuchin has been promoted to Principal with the firm’s Phoenix Business Unit. In this role, he will continue to be responsible for sourcing and executing real estate acquisition and development projects in the Phoenix marketplace and overseeing the office’s residential business under the firm’s High Street Residential brand.
12. W.E. O’Neil Construction Company has announced the addition of Brandon Ver Steeg as Project Superintendent to their Phoenix office. As Superintendent, Brandon will be responsible for all field construction operations.
13. ABI Multifamily has announced the addition of Desiree Palmer as Vice President of their Tucson regional office.
14. Norris Design has added Doug Prouty as Landscape Architect to their Phoenix team. Doug comes to Norris Design with 21 years of experience in both private and public sector work in the Southwestern United States including Arizona, Colorado and Nevada.
15. NAI Horizon has recently hired Joan Krueger, former Vice Mayor of Gilbert, to their team of experienced professionals. Krueger will focus on office, retail, light industrial and land in the Southeast Valley.
16. After a 17-year career with the University of Arizona Tech Park, Molly Gilbert joined Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR specializing in the sale and lease of office properties in Tucson.
17. Caruso Construction has added Tim Phillips, P.E., to their team. Tim brings a wealth of Public Sector leadership and engineering experience and will be engaged in organizational, program and project management opportunities.
18. Skanska recently announced that Joe Cannon has been hired as an assistant project manager for its Phoenix office. In his new role, Cannon will be responsible for assisting in the planning, management, and execution of work for assigned construction projects.