By Richard Dyer for Queen Creek Independent
A total of 13 road-construction projects are planned in the Town of Queen Creek in 2020, with three starting before the end of 2019.
The 10 projects that will begin construction in 2020 are:
- Signal Butte Road and Queen Creek Road Intersection
- Queen Creek Road, Ellsworth Road to Crismon Road
- Ocotillo Road, Signal Butte Road to Ironwood Road
- Ocotillo Road, Hawes Road to Sossaman Road
- Chandler Heights Road, Via Del Arroyo to Power Road
- Chandler Heights Road, Power Road to Recker Road
- Power Road, Brooks Farm Road to Power Road
- Munoz Street, Ellsworth Loop to Ellsworth Road
- Aldecoa Drive, Ellsworth Loop to Ellsworth Road
- Germann Road, Meridian Road to Ironwood Road (to be done by Pinal County)
The Maricopa County Department of Transportation, in partnership with the Town of Queen Creek, is replacing the existing Rittenhouse Bridge at Queen Creek Wash. The construction phase is in 2020-21, according to http://gis.maricopa.gov/Projects/?ID=2610.
MCDOT is also to repave segments of Chaparral Road, Hawes Road, Mountain Road, Orangewood Avenue, Sossaman Road and Exeter Boulevard. Project scoping is slated for 2020, design in 2021 and construction in 2022.
A project for Magma Road, Hunt Highway to Gary Road, has its 60 percent design plans complete with construction starting in fiscal year 2019-20, according to the Pinal County Public Works Department’s website.
Other projects include:
- Hunt Highway phase V, Magma Road to Arizona Farms Road, with a 60 percent design submittal completed, an application made to the State Land Department for right-of-way and no timeframe for start of construction.
- Gary Road widening improvements, from the end of a Town of Queen Creek project to Empire Road, with the design 90 percent complete and no timeframe for construction.
- Meridian Road, Germann Road to Riggs Road/Combs, with an intergovernmental agreement completed with the Town of Queen Creek. Construction is slated for 2021-22.
The Arizona Department of Transportation is to begin 20 to 24 months of construction in fall 2020 on the State Route 24 interim Phase II, Ellsworth Road to Ironwood Drive.
Features of the new roadway are to include:
- Two paved lanes in each direction separated by a graded median.
- At-grade intersections at the following locations: Williams Field Road, Signal Butte Road, Meridian Road and Ironwood Drive
- Bridges over Ellsworth and Mountain roads
- A drainage channel along the north side of the freeway.
- Signage, traffic signals, lighting and pavement marking, as necessary.
Read more at Queen Creek Independent.