1. Intel launched construction on its two new semiconductor chip factories in Chandler last week. Total costs for the project are estimated as high as $20B.
2. CMC Steel has broken ground on a new $300M micro steel mill at 11444 E. Germann Road in Mesa.
3. Construction is underway on the University of Arizona‘s new $99M, seven-story Grand Challenges Research Building, which will house laboratories and flexible research space for cross-campus interdisciplinary programs.
4. Arizona State University hosted a topping out event at the build site for its new Multi-Purpose Arena on September 28th.
5. Chasse Building Team recently poured concrete for the gymnasium at Maricopa Unified School District’s new high school, and vertical masonry work has begun. MUSD is asking input on a name for the school.
6. Adolfson & Peterson and Candeo Schools completed a two-phased construction and renovation project for the Candeo North Scottsdale Campus. The project consisted of the construction of two buildings, cosmetic and structural renovations to the existing campus and upgrades to outdoor and recreation areas.
7. King Koil recently added 40KSF to its manufacturing plant in Avondale. The mattress manufacturer now occupies approximately 130KSF in the Coldwater Depot Logistics Center.
8. Nadel Architecture + Planning recently announced the completion of a 23KSF Sprouts Farmers Market in Maricopa. The store is Sprouts’ only Pinal County location.