Awards & Accolades
1. Donna Chiappini, Business Development for Speedie & Associates, was recognized with a Lifetime Achievement award at the Business Development Guild‘s second annual Business Development Symposium on November 5, 2019. Prior to joining Speedie & Associates, Donna had a background in vertical construction. Switching to a consulting engineering firm required a new skill set which she enthusiastically embraced. Her character remained: one of a mentor and an outstanding reputation, sticking with the firm through thick and thin. At the end of 2019, Donna is ready to retire and quite literally sail away.
2. Larsen Baker announces that Jennifer Raimondo, CFO & VP, was awarded the 2019 Executive Excellence Award.
3. Snell & Wilmer announced that it has been recognized for the eighth consecutive year as a National Tier 1 firm in Construction Litigation and recognized for the fourth time in Construction Law in the 2020 edition of “Best Law Firms”
4. Managing Director Mike Gallegos was named The Massimo Group’s ‘2019 Contributor of the Year.’ Gallegos was recognized as an individual who has made a substantial contribution to the organization through developing new curriculum and expanding the client experience to new levels.
5. The Tucson Industrial Development Authority recently honored Tucson Mayor Jonathan Rothschild “for his efforts to create and sustain affordable housing in the region.” Programs he has helped grow, including the Tucson Pathway to Purchase Program, the Pima Tucson Homebuyer’s Solution Program and the Tucson IDA Mortgage Credit Certificate Programs, have had an impact of nearly $1B on local affordable housing, according to Tucson IDA President Larry Lucero.
6. The 2019 American Indian Chamber of Commerce of Arizona Business Award winners are:
- Kim Kanuho, Fourth World Design Group; American Indian Business of the Year (Class I)
- Hart and Burley Cole, Sign Vision LLC; American Indian Business of the Year (Class II)
- Harlietta Mitchell, Wells Fargo’s Native Peoples Team Member Network; Community Partner of the Year
Boards & Commissions
7. Jason Plotke, Private Motorsports Group co-founder/president, has joined the board of directors of Maricopa Economic Development Alliance.
8. AZTEC Engineering Group, Inc., founded in 1992, has opened a Tucson, Arizona office. In addition to their Phoenix headquarters, this will be the company’s second Arizona office and their seventh nationwide with additional locations in California, Colorado, Nevada and Indiana.
9. Lambert announce the acqui-hire of a Phoenix-based team led by seasoned practitioner and executive Michelle Olson, APR. Specializing in public relations, brand journalism and integrated communications, this addition adds key clients in Automotive & Mobility and Real Estate, while expanding Lambert’s national footprint.
10. Dan Young has been with RMJ Electrical Contractors, Inc. since 2010, and is moving into a newly created position, Director of Field Personnel. During his tenure he has excelled as a foreman running some of RMJ’s most technical projects.
11. Jeff Williamson has been promoted to President of the Transportation Group for Sundt Construction, Inc. Williamson brings over 30 years of experience in the construction industry to his new position.
12. Joseph Garcia has joined Chicanos Por La Causa as Director of Public Policy, a new position to advance the nonprofit’s advocacy and its mission of political empowerment through policy analysis, community outreach, white papers and presentations.
13. Russell Hulse has been named a business development manager for the Southwest region by McCarthy Building Cos., Phoenix. Hulse will focus on the education sector and be responsible for client relationship development.
14. Solutions AEC welcomes Joe Remson as their new Senior Electrical Engineer.
15. It is with great sadness that Risk Resource’s beloved and fearless leader Nate Sachs passed away last Tuesday peacefully in his home surrounded by his family. The world lost a brilliant, generous, honest, funny and charitable man who was dedicated to his family, friends and clients. Ian Sachs, son and managing business partner, will carry on his legacy by continuing to provide their clients and partners with the same dedicated, comprehensive, and thoughtful approach that embodied Nate’s business for over 40 years.