1. The Central Arizona chapter of CCIM, commercial real estate’s global standard for professional achievement, is offering two scholarships for classes in 2021 that lead toward getting the prestigious CCIM designation. The 2021 scholarship programs include:
- The Tim Hatlestad, CCIM Endowed Scholarship, $1,000 value (CI 102, 103 or 104);
- The David S. Miller, CCIM Endowed Scholarship, $1,000 value (CI 102, 103 or 104).
The deadline for submission is November 5th.
Awards & Accolades
2. The Greater Phoenix Economic Council (GPEC) has been named the top economic development organization in the U.S. (population 500k+) by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) on Thursday during IEDC’s Virtual Annual Conference. The EDO of the Year award is given to the leading organization that demonstrates:
- Program innovation and continuity
- Leadership quality and consistency
- Performance benchmarks and measured metrics
- Goals and objectives
- Community interaction and impact
3. Shelby Duplessis has been promoted to President of The Empire Group.
4. Chad Buck has been selected to lead the Southwest District for Sundt Construction’s Building Group. As Senior Vice President and Southwest District Manager, Buck will provide direction to the district’s leadership team and is responsible for the district’s overall performance, including acquiring and executing work.
5. Sundt Construction has promoted Jennyfer LaBuff to Application Development Manager within the company’s Information Technology (IT) department. In her new role, LaBuff will manage the application development team, which is responsible for Sundt’s custom applications and databases.
6. Bob Nathan, a leading Scottsdale real estate expert and member of the prestigious Engel & Völkers Private Office has been appointed as the designated broker to oversee the business and its local expansion.