Awards & Accolades
1. The Greater Phoenix Economic Council was recognized as the top economic development organization in the for populations greater than 500,000 at the International Economic Development Council annual conference.
2.As a result of its 2021 call for applications, the SRP Solar for Nonprofits program announced it selected one of the largest foster care agencies in Arizona, Aid to Adoption of Special Kids, as the recipient of a new solar system, which will be located at the AASK office based in Chandler. The donated solar system will be built on top of a parking lot structure, or “solar canopy,” also donated by SRP Solar for Nonprofits.
3. More than 100 volunteers from Fiesta Bowl Charities and SRP joined KABOOM! from October 6th to 8th to build a state-of-the-art, 2KSF playground for the East Valley After School Program at A New Leaf in Mesa. The playground was designed from drawings submitted by children who attend A New Leaf.
4. Johnson Carlier, the oldest Arizona-based general contractor, is celebrating its 100-year anniversary next month. In its 100 years, Johnson Carlier has helped shaped the Arizona skyline, especially in Maricopa County. Some notable projects include Barrows Neurological Institute, Phoenix Art Museum and Microchip.
5. Hanson Capital Group plans to raise $10.8M in its next individual investment round and is looking to buy four industrial assets in greater Phoenix and one in Texas. All told, the company wants to raise $100M to finance acquisitions of approximately $350M in assets in the Phoenix and Dallas areas.
6. Pinal County has approved three new positions in the assessor’s GIS mapping department. Three positions were also approved earlier this year, but more are needed because of the positions’ long training cycle and the expanding volume of work due to growing development in the area.
7. Alissa Franconi has been promoted to Principal at RSP Architects.
8. Nick Rahman has been promoted to Senior Development Manager at ZOM Living.
9. Dekker/Perich/Sabatini has promoted Project Manager Michael Root to an associate position.
10. Having previously suspended its interview process, the City of Surprise has re-hired Bob Wingenroth as City Manager. Wingenroth had served in the position from 2014-2018.
11. Alexandra Loye has joined Cushman & Wakefield as an Executive Managing Director in Phoenix, where she will be a member of its Capital Markets and Life Science groups.
12. K2 Electric has announced the hiring of Sean Salveson as General Manager for the firms’ Tucson operations. The company has also named Josh Carmichael as Director of Human Resources.
13. FCL Builders recently announced two additions to its project management team. Jon Diller has joined as Project Manager, and Cody Keim has come on as a Project Engineer.
14. The Phoenix office of JLL has expanded its metro Phoenix retail market coverage with the addition Regan Amato and Ryan Tanner. The pair will focus on tenant and buyer representation.
15. AIA Arizona has hired Melissa Hauer as the organization’s new Membership Manager.
16. Engineering and design firm Olsson has announced the hiring of Nicole Solar as Business Development Specialist in Arizona.
17. Earlier this year, architecture industry icon Bernard, “Bernie” Deutsch passed away. His passing also marks the 40th Anniversary of Deutsch Architecture Group, which he founded in 1981. Throughout his 60-year career, Bernie built lifelong relationships and guided young architects through his creativity, innovation and expertise.