Boards & Commissions
1. Heidi Kimball, Senior Vice President with Sunbelt Holdings, has been selected as the new Chair of the Urban Land Institute, Arizona District Council (ULI Arizona), serving on a voluntary basis for a two-year term that started on July 1. ULI Arizona also announced Mark Winkleman, President of MGS Realty Partners, is the incoming Vice Chair, and Heather Personne, Managing Principal of Evolve Ventures, is the incoming Treasurer.
2. Hylan West, A Phoenix-based construction firm that specializes in fiber and utility projects has expanded with a new Valley office in Mesa at 6350 S. Sossaman Rd and plans to hire 15-20 workers.
3. Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC) announced that José Martínez has been named Executive Vice President of Economic Development and joins the executive leadership team responsible for strategic outreach and growth of services within Arizona, Nevada, and New Mexico. Martínez currently serves as President of Prestamos CDFI, LLC (Prestamos), a Community Development Financial Institution and a subsidiary lending division of CPLC.
4. Adam Brill has been promoted to Principal at Abacus Project Management, Inc. In the role, Adam will oversee operations for the firm’s offices in Phoenix, Newport Beach and El Paso.
5. Nadine De Nicola, a long-term care industry professional, has joined The Weitz Company’s Phoenix office as a business development manager to support the growth of the company’s senior living product line.
6. VanTrust Real Estate hired Jenna Borcherding as Director of Real Estate Development at its Phoenix office. In this role, she will be responsible for market assessment, land procurement, oversight of entitlement, design, construction, and leasing and sales of company projects.
7. Cuningham Group Architecture, Inc., continues to grow its Phoenix office, adding six key hires since the start of 2019: Senior Project Manager Dan Olic, Senior Project Manager Steve Klausner, Architect and Project Manager Tracy Lauer, Interior Designer Kristi Harris, Designer Sarah Potzler, and Designer Rogelio Arrieta.
8. Sigma Contracting announced the re-hiring of Superintendent Ben Gorbea. Currently supervising the addition to Legacy Traditional School in the City of Maricopa, Gorbea will oversee the operations of his construction site, from planning to completion. He will be responsible for daily scheduling, supervising all activities and tasks and ensuring the safety and compliance of the project site.
9. Rhonda Turner has joined Benchmark Electronics as the Chief Human Resources Officer where she will lead all aspects of human resources, including talent acquisition and development, organizational design and effectiveness, compensation and benefits, diversity and inclusion, and human resources business operating systems.
10. Everest Holdings has hired Tom Coughlin to serve as Vice President of Property Management. Tom will provide oversight of the property management arm of Everest Holdings, Everest Commercial Services.
11. Rural Electric has announced the retirement of Art Gonzales, Manufacturing Division Manager. Art was key in the transformation of Rural Electric’s Manufacturing Division, expanding their client base throughout the entire United States, as well as Europe.