Boards & Commissions
1. Longtime ULI leader Mark Winkleman, President of MGS Realty Partners, has been selected as the new Chair of the Urban Land Institute, Arizona District Council (ULI Arizona), serving on a voluntary basis for a two-year term starting on July 1st. ULI Arizona also announced the following industry professionals will be rounding out the District Council leadership team: Heather Personne, a ULI Full Member and Managing Principal of Evolve Ventures, is the incoming Vice Chair; and Steve Lindley, a ULI Full Member and Executive Director/Capital Markets at Cushman & Wakefield, is the incoming Treasurer.
2. Mortenson announced the firm, along with its trade partners, has not had a recordable job-related illness or injury in Arizona for a full year. Mortenson estimates this milestone was achieved by more than 1,000 company team members and trade partners, who worked more than 800,000 hours of work across 14 projects in the state. To reach this milestone, Mortenson, and its trade partners, focused on reducing hazards through a variety of practices including 5S, scheduling and planning, quality management and collaborative execution, and establishing comprehensive safety cultures on its projects.
3. Habanero CRE Simple LLC, an entity owned by R. Craig Coppola, a founding principal at Lee & Associates Arizona, purchased the proprietary source code for CRE Simple, Inc.’s deal-managing platform for $121K at a bankruptcy auction earlier this month. Coppola plans to reboot CRE Simple and move its headquarters to Scottsdale.
4. Lee Wilson has been promoted from COO to President of TEPCON Construction, Inc. With 30+ years’ experience in the construction industry, Wilson will continue to provide leadership to employees and oversee daily operations for TEPCON as well as help guide and form the future of the organization.
5. Kim Poole, LEED AP has joined Clayco as Vice President of Economic Development. Poole is an accomplished executive in the construction industry, and also a certified ambassador of the Greater Phoenix Economic Council. In her new role, Poole is responsible for leading Clayco’s economic development efforts in the industrial, mission critical, manufacturing and multifamily segments throughout the Phoenix and surrounding Southwest region.
6. Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR welcomed Andrew Keim to its Industrial Brokerage Team. Whether his clients need to expand, consolidate, relocate, or invest, Keim focuses on client-driven solutions in every transaction. Keim specializes in Industrial Property Sales and Leasing, Business Park Sales/Leasing and Marketing and Property Analysis, Industrial Investment.
7. Fidelity National Title Agency announced a passing of the torch celebration with the retirement of industry mentor Vice President Diane Carpenter and the promotion of her protégé Kristina Gooding to Vice President/Branch Manager of the firm’s Northgate Commercial office. Carpenter, an industry veteran of 26 years, has been with Fidelity National Title since 2016 and personally closed more than 8,000 transactions valued at more than $30B. Gooding, who previously served as Assistant Vice President/Commercial Escrow Officer, is a 15-year industry veteran. Her new responsibilities will be to manage personnel, profit and loss responsibility as well as other managerial responsibilities.