1.CoreNet Global Arizona is taking part in a Habitat for Humanity Build Day on April 21 from 6:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Kala Roy Home, 921 S. Montezuma St., in Phoenix and is looking for volunteers interested in participating. No construction experience is necessary.
2. The Scottsdale 20/30 Club is organizing the annual fundraiser for ‘Brokers for Kids’, an Olympiad event that makes up more than 70 residential and CRE teams. This year is about to break fundraising records from all the support in the valley. The event is Friday, April 13 at Scottsdale Stadium.
Awards & Accolades
3. Engineering News-Record selected The Weitz Company General Manager Kimberly Davids as one of its Top 20 Under 40 honorees in 2018.
4. Tierra Right of Way Services announced its President and Founder, Randye Ferrick won the award for Outstanding Minority Business Owner at the 2018 Inside Tucson Business Women of Influence Awards.
Boards & Commissions
5. John DiVall, senior VP and market officer for Liberty Property Trust; Karrin Taylor Robson, founder of Arizona Strategies; Grady Gammage, Jr., founder of Gammage and Burnham; and John Graham, CEO of Sunbelt Holdings, were named as Valley Partnership Honorary Board Members.
6. A 10-person multifamily investment sales team headquartered in Phoenix has joined NorthMarq Capital in a newly created NorthMarq Multifamily business. Formerly known as the HSK team and led by Trevor Koskovich, it marks the beginning of NorthMarq Capital’s selective geographic expansion of multifamily and manufactured housing investment sales services across the U.S. Koskovich has been appointed president, NorthMarq Multifamily.
7. On Thurs., April 12 Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc., celebrated 49 years providing services that politically and economically
empower the community at their Anniversary Dinner and Awards Ceremony presented by APS.
8. Miramonte Homes announced the promotion of long-time employee Stephanie Quesada to VP of sales and marketing for the Tucson Division. Quesada has been with Miramonte Homes since 2012 and was promoted last year to director of sales and marketing.
9. CRE firm CBRE Group, Inc. has promoted Cathy Teeter to managing director of advisory and transaction services. Teeter previously was a director of operations for CBRE operations in Phoenix, Tucson and Las Vegas.
10. Pima County Development Services has named Chris Poirier deputy director/planning official. In addition to his regular duties as deputy director, Poirier will continue as planning official.
11. The City of Glendale has selected David Williams to be the new planning administrator. David brings more than 25 years of experience in managing planning and zoning teams and projects in Arizona.
12. Brycon Corporation’s Chandler office recently hired Alyssa Andrews, marketing coordinator; Erich Hanwell, project manager; Patty Lugo, project coordinator; and Chris Moore, IT Manager.
13. A.R. Mays Construction has hired three more project superintendents: Randy Smith, Jerry Ford and Robert Tuggle. They will be responsible for overseeing subcontractor activity and safety in the field.
14. SCS Engineers is expanding the firm’s Phoenix office to meet the growing demand for regional environmental consulting and engineering business and technical solutions. The most recent hires include Jesse Riddle, a senior landfill gas technician, and Norma Meza, handling the office’s regional outreach.