Awards & Accolades
1. TDIndustries, Inc. announced it has earned a National Safety Excellence Award from Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) for the fourth consecutive year. The award was presented at the 31st annual Excellence in Construction® Awards during the ABC Convention 2021 held in Grapevine, TX, on March 10th.
2. NAI Horizon listed their 2020 Top Producers. They are:
- Lane Neville, Investment Sales / Land
- Denise Nunez, Investment Sales – Self Storage
- Isy Sonabend, Industrial
- Mark Wilcke, Industrial / Land
- Matt Harper, CCIM, Retail
- Andrew Warner, Investment Sales – Manufactured Housing
- Laurel Lewis, Office
- Mike Kumelski, Retail
- Troy Giammarco, Office
- Rick Foss, Industrial
3. AZ Big Media issued the Top 10 General Contractors in Arizona based on public voting for the 2021 edition of Ranking Arizona. They are:
Staff of 163 or More:
- CORE Construction
- DPR Construction
- Ryan Companies US
- Willmeng Construction
- Haydon Building Corp
- McCarthy Building Companies, Inc.
- Hunter Contracting Co.
- Okland Construction
Staff of 77-162:
- Caliente Construction
- Wespac Construction
- Chasse Building Team
- Layton Construction Company
- GCON Inc.
- Kowalski Construction Inc.
- R. Mays Construction
- Canyon Building & Design
- Bjerk Builders
- hardison/downey construction inc.
Staff of 76 or Fewer:
- Sun Eagle Corporation
- LGE Design Build
- FCI Constructors Inc.
- The Weitz Company
- Johansen Interiors
- Skanska USA Builders
- Holder Construction Company
- Laurshan Construction
- E. O’Neil Construction Company of Arizona
- Jokake Construction Services
4. AZ Big Media issued the Top 7 Best Places to Work in Arizona based on public voting for the 2021 edition of Ranking Arizona. The A/E/C companies named Best Place to Work are:
- Ace Building Maintenance – #2, Staff of 500 or More
- Canyon State Electric – #1, Staff of 101-499
- CORE Construction – #2, Staff of 101-499
- Precision Air & Plumbing – #6, Staff of 101-499
- Wood, Patel & Associates – #1, Staff of 100 or Fewer
- Bar Napkin Productions – #2, Staff of 100 or Fewer
- dpa architects – #3, Staff of 100 or Fewer
- GCON – #4, Staff of 100 or Fewer
Boards & Commissions
5. Design firm Cuningham has named a new board chair and leadership council as part of an internal restructuring effort. In addition, the firm updated its name to the singular Cuningham from Cuningham Group, which reflects this unified approach and conveys the connection to every project, stakeholder and team member. Cuningham principal Meg Parsons, who has been with the firm for more than 30 years, is stepping into the role of board chair.
6. Surprise City Councilman Chris Judd was approved to sit on the Economic Development Committee for the Maricopa Association of Governments. Judd will fill a West Valley seat to the 21-member agency that became vacant in January.
7. NAI Horizon recently elevated a number of professionals to leadership positions. Lane Neville was promoted to Executive Vice President and Denise Nunez was promoted to Managing Director. Other brokerage professionals who were promoted include Mark Wilcke, to Executive Vice President; Matt Harper, CCIM, to Senior Vice President; and Troy Giammarco, Mike Kumelski and Andrew Warner, to First Vice President.
8. The PENTA Building Group announced that Randy Nielson has taken on the role of Senior Preconstruction Manager in Phoenix where he will lead new business pursuits and preconstruction efforts. A PENTA team member since 2006, Nielson brings experience in operations and deep understanding of PENTA’s culture, which will be replicated as PENTA continues growth in the Arizona region, pursuing projects in healthcare, higher education, and hospitality sectors.
9. Brad Douglass has joined Kidder Mathews’ Phoenix office as a senior vice president, where he will specialize in the sale and leasing of retail properties throughout Arizona. Douglass is a 15-year veteran in the commercial real estate industry. Before joining Kidder Mathews, he was with Cushman & Wakefield and has worked with local and national clients, including Jack in the Box, CarLife Auto Repair, CIRE Equity, Sola Salons, and US Bank.
10. MFRG-ICON Construction recently brought on Sarah Buchanan as Director of Philanthropy to support the firm’s philanthropic efforts and make a lasting impact in the communities in which MFRG-ICON works closely. In this new role, Buchanan is responsible for developing an overall philanthropic and marketing strategy that will drive profitability, brand consistency, and overall market growth.
11. Nicholas Sykes has joined Mosaic as their Head of People. Sykes joins Mosaic with a decade of experience in people, technology, and workforce operations experience. In his new role, he will re-imagine and drive the people operations, managing the scale of workforce and providing strategic insight for recruitment, employee engagement and retention, benefits, compensation, development and training.
12. Jaime Northam has joined Ryan Companies US, Inc. as vice president of development, healthcare. Northam began March 1st and is based in Ryan’s Phoenix office.
13. Grossman Company Properties has selected Mike Pedulla as its new president to guide the company’s future growth. Pedulla will become president effective March 30th and will oversee operations of the company’s extensive real estate portfolio.
14. Blase E. Belobrajdic joined Spectra Electrical Services, Inc. as their Business Development Manager. Blase will lead the firm’s growth initiatives across all market segments, focusing on relationship development.
15. Nyal Sewell has joined Menlo Group as the brokerage’s newest commercial real estate advisor.