1. Restaurateurs and co-founders of Upward Projects, Craig and Kris DeMarco, and retail store gurus, Eric and Elissa Seitz of Bro Retail Group, broke ground on the 5KSF Air Guitar, with an opening slated next fall. The market, sporting an unusual design by debartolo architects, is located on the NWC of Higley and Ray roads next door to Epicenter at Agritopia.
2. The $230M Phoenix Suns Arena renovation was 80 percent complete by the time the season tipped off on December 23rd. The Suns took the new arena amenities for a test drive on Wednesday night when the Los Angeles Lakers visited.
3. Structures on the left and right of the Benedictine Monastery in Tucson can now be seen from the road behind fencing. More than 200 apartment units will be for rent and there will be retail space when construction is completed.
4. Sundt Construction, Inc., recently completed work on the 28KSF Timothy J. Meenk Training Center for Sunstate Equipment, Inc., located on the corner of 56th and Washington Streets in Phoenix. The facility will serve as the national training headquarters for employees from across the country. Sunstate’s sales and administrative staff will also relocate into the new building.
5. McCarthy Building Companies Inc. recently completed a $170M Phase III expansion project at the Greenfield Water Reclamation Plant, located at 4400 S. Greenfield Road in Gilbert. Construction for the plant expansion started in November 2017 and reached substantial completion in August 2020. Carollo Engineers and Brown and Caldwell served as the design engineers and major subcontractors included Pipe Line Services dba Aims; Prime Controls; Progressive Roofing; Harris Rebar; K&F Electric, Inc.; Matrix Service; Schuff Steel Company; and Sun Valley Masonry Inc.
6. SRP has announced the commissioning of Saint Solar, the newest 100-megawatt solar plant. Saint Solar, in Coolidge, was built, owned and operated by a subsidiary of NextEra Energy Resources. The project represents an estimated investment of approximately $127M in Arizona.
7. The Bondurant High Performance Driving School recently completed a multi-million-dollar track and facility renovation in Chandler. For the first time in three decades, the 1.6-mile road course, designed by legendary racer and Arizonian Bob Bondurant, was pulverized, repaved, graded, and repainted.
8. Visionary Automotive Group recently opened Volvo Cars Arrowhead at 19300 N. 101 Loop. Volvo Cars Arrowhead will soon be joined on the property by Arrowhead Jaguar Land Rover, which is currently finishing construction and has plans to open in February 2021.