1. Developer Joe L. Cook, My Home Group (MHG) Commercial, Construction Solutions Company (CSC) and the City of Maricopa are holding a groundbreaking ceremony for the 30+ acre Estrella Gin Business Park on October 23rd at 9am, at 45654 W. Edison Rd. The Estrella Gin Business Park is an Arizona Commerce Authority Certified Gold Site, making it truly shovel-ready.
2. Lifestyle Homes was recently selected by The Empire Group as the general contractor for two new single-family-rental communities. The construction cost for the The Village at Olive Marketplace, which is currently under construction, is approximately $30M and The Village at Pioneer Park, which is expected to break ground this month, is estimated at $50M. The Village at Olive Marketplace is located in Glendale and will include 208 homes, while The Village at Pioneer Park, located in Peoria, will include 332 homes.
3. Pacific Oak Capital Advisers and Defer Gain broke ground on the 235-unit, 129KSF St. Ambrose housing development on October 14 at 1155 E. Van Buren St., Phoenix.
4. Discount grocer Aldi will open two new metro Phoenix stores Nov. 5. One is at 2844 S. Alma School Road, Chandler and the other is at 845 N. Estrella Parkway, Goodyear. Two other locations, at 24665 N. Lake Pleasant Parkway, Peoria and at 1801 Pecos Road, Gilbert, are planned to open by the end of the year.
5. Scores of turbines have been erected where a 350-megawatt, utility-scale wind farm is expected to begin producing power by December near the rural town of White Hills, about 40 miles north of Kingman. BP Wind Energy first announced the project 19 years ago. Orion Energy eventually acquired the project before Next Era took over a few years ago.
6. The Fort Mojave Indian Tribe recently completed construction on the $7M, 6KSF Fort Mojave Thalypo Convenience Store & Fueling Station located at 1520 E. Courtwright Rd., Mohave Valley. The architect was Mittelstaedt Cooper & Associates, and the general contractor was A.R. Mays Construction.
7. Caylor Design and Construction completed work on a new 14KSF state-of-the-art medical office and ambulatory surgery center for Arizona Vascular Specialists at 6442 E Speedway Blvd., Tucson. The $1.4M project broke ground in August 2019.