Awards & Accolades
1. Two of Achen-Gardner’s projects were selected as Projects of the Year by the Arizona Chapter American Public Works Association. The Twin Peaks-Blue Bonnet Road Gravity Sewer Design-Build project for Pima County Regional Wastewater Reclamation Department was selected as the Project of the Year in the Environment, $5M But Less Than $25M category. The Valencia Road Manhole Rehabilitation project for Pima County RWRD was selected as the Project of the Year in the Disaster or Emergency Construction/Repair, Less than $5M category. These projects were featured in the awards video on the AZ APWA Conference website.
2. Rosendin, the electrical contracting industry’s largest employee-owned company in the nation, has been recognized as an industry leader by Engineering News Record magazine. ENR Southwest named Rosendin its 2021 Specialty Contractor of the Year for its devotion to technological innovation and supporting their employees’ growth.
3. Achen-Garder recently hosted a groundbreaking ceremony for the Litchfield Square Infrastructure Improvements CMAR project, which will create a new city center for the City of Litchfield Park. Scope includes demolition, removals, mass grading, installation of more than 9,200 LF of wet utilities, new roadways, and four roundabouts.
4. Omni Hotels & Resorts broke ground on Omni Tempe Hotel at ASU, a 330-guest-room hotel, set to open in 2023, in the heart of downtown Tempe on the Arizona State University campus.
5. US Capital Development broke ground on its first development in Arizona recently. Falcon Park 303 Phase I will be a 599KSF speculative industrial product located along Loop 303 Corridor in Glendale.
6. Embrey Partners LLC will break ground in the next 30 days on its Embrey 7th & Oak (Seven Oaks) 332-unit apartment complex at the NWC of 7th and Oak streets in Phoenix.
7. Construction to widen Smith-Enke Road between Chase Drive to White & Parker Road begins this week.
8. Omni Self Storage recently began construction on its new Maricopa facility at Alan Stephens Parkway & Stonegate Road. The center is 95.5KSF with 660 storage units and 12 RV storage spaces.
9. Construction has begun on a new QuikTrip convenience store, gas station and QT Kitchen in Arrival at Cadence, at the Cadence at Gateway master-planned community in Mesa. The nearly 5KSF convenience store will have a custom design exclusively for the Cadence commercial center.
10. Achen-Gardner is working on the Zone 3D and 4A Improvements: Segment 1 Water Transmission Main CMAR project for the City of Phoenix. This work includes the installation of more than 7,200 LF of 66” welded steel water transmission main from the 24th Street Water Treatment Plant to 32nd Street and Shea Boulevard.
11. Legacy Sports Park in Mesa, a $280M multiuse complex currently under construction, has been renamed to Bell Bank Park after owners Legacy Sports USA and management company Oak View Group Facilities announced a 10-year naming rights partnership with Bell Bank.
12. The Mesa Arizona Temple will hold seven weeks of private and public tours to share with the public the renovations and improvements undertaken in its recent multi-year program.
13. A new US 60 bridge over Pinto Creek opened to traffic on September 17th, replacing a 72-year-old structure on the only route between Superior and the Globe-Miami area. The Arizona Department of Transportation began the $22.7M bridge replacement project 23 months ago, constructing the new bridge just feet away from traffic that continued using the existing structure.
14. Achen-Gardner recently completed work on its Roadway Improvements to Lincoln, Mockingbird, and Indian Bend CMAR project for the Town of Paradise Valley. This project included roadway and wet utility improvements adjacent to the Ritz-Carlton development. Total quantities included more than 30,000 SY of pavement and 8,100 LF of wet utilities.
15. Salt River Project has placed into service a 25MW battery storage facility at its Bolster Substation, adjacent to the Agua Fria Generating Station in Peoria.