1. Marwest Enterprises, LLC broke ground on Elliot 202, a 1.08MSF foot speculative industrial development at the NEC of Hawes Road and Elliot Road. The project is anticipated to be completed by December 2021. Ware Malcomb is the design firm and Willmeng Construction Inc is the general contractor.
2. DAUM Commercial Real Estate Services has announced the groundbreaking of Gateway Executive Airpark, a three-hangar development totaling more than 185.5KSF at Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport in Mesa. The project is now leasing and will be available for occupancy by Q4 2021. Winton Architects, Inc. is the design firm and Sun State Builders the general contractor.
3. Towne Storage recently started construction on a $7.3M, 102.3KSF, two-story storage facility at 1706 W. Southern Avenue, Phoenix. Robert Brown Architect is the design firm and A.R. Mays Construction is the general contractor. The project is anticipated to be completed by April 2022.
4. ElectraMeccanica Vehicles Corp broke ground on their 235KSF assembly facility and state-of-the-art engineering technical center in Mesa. The new facility is part of ElectraMeccanica’s ongoing expansion plan and is scheduled for completion in Spring 2022. Ware Malcomb is the design firm and Willmeng Construction Inc is the general contractor.
5. The U.S. Bureau of Land Management began construction on the new 68-acre shooting site in Box Canyon, Pinal County. Entrance will be off North Hidden Valley Road, about 10 miles west of Maricopa and the project is expected to be complete in August 2021. The range is one of five being developed by the U.S. Bureau of Land Management in Maricopa and Pinal counties.
6. Merit Partners recently began construction on the second building of the Phoenix Logistics Center at 91st Avenue and Buckeye. The project will total approximately 481.6KSF and is expected to be complete by the end of Q3 2021. Ware Malcomb is the design firm and Stevens-Leinweber Construction is the general contractor.
7. The Maricopa Unified School District broke ground on its second high school at the SWC of Murphy and Farrell Roads. The yet-to-be-named high school will be built in three phases. The $18.6M first phase totals 125KSF and includes a natural grass field that will be used for football and other sports. The new school is scheduled to open in July 2022. Orcutt | Winslow is the design firm and Chasse Building Team is the general contractor.
8. U-Haul Moving & Storage of Palm Valley, a three-story, 700-unit indoor self-storage development at 13650 W. Van Buren Street, Goodyear, is under construction and is anticipated to be completed by 2022.
9. Nikola Motor Company is progressing with its manufacturing plant in the south of Coolidge. This week, the company announced it had completed all the floor slabs, steel and underground utilities components for the site. Recent drone footage also shows that the roofing and siding are nearing completion as well. The company also took major steps toward laying the groundwork for planned hydrogen stations between central Arizona and Los Angeles. The stations are expected to be operational by 2023.
10. Pinal County recently completed construction on their new $15M, 47KSF, two-building Complex at Bella Vista and Schnepf Road. The Pinal County Complex project included the construction of two ground up buildings. The north building consists of 29.3KSF and includes public records office; police department, treasurer office, and more. The south building consists of 17.8KSF and includes a new library; probation offices with separate child, juvenile, teen, and adult victim advocacy areas; and forensic offices. Arrington Watkins Architects, LLC was the design firm and A.R. Mays Construction was the general contractor.
11. Astoria Property Company recently completed The Retreat at Alameda, a 104-unit, senior living community at 1920 W. Alameda, Phoenix. The project includes a mix of memory care and assisted living. triARC Architecture was the design firm and WEITZ was the general contractor.
12. FatCats Entertainment recently completed construction on their new $11M, 61KSF family entertainment center at 20660 E.t Riggs Road, Queen Creek. TK International was the design firm and A.R. Mays Construction was the general contractor.
13. Barrio Queen recently completed construction on their new $1.75M, 6.1KSF restaurant at 10455 W. McDowell Road, Avondale. ADG was the design firm and A.R. Mays Construction was the general contractor.
14. NexCore Group and Banner Health have opened Banner Health Center Plus, a three-story, 128.4KSF facility at 7701 W. Aspera Boulevard, Glendale. The facility includes 128 exam rooms, 13 imaging rooms, and 45 physicians offering comprehensive clinical services. The development team included SmithGroup as architect and Haydon Building Corp as contractor.
15. Yuma’s newest 110-room, four-story hotel, Four Points by Sheraton, recently opened. The hotel is located at 2030 S. Avenue 3E, along Interstate 8, and includes Yuma’s largest conference center, at 8KSF, as well as a restaurant and lounge, and a large swimming pool.