Awards & Accolades
1. The 777 Tower, a six-story, 160.9KSF, Class A mixed-use office building in the Novus Innovation Corridor on the Tempe campus of Arizona State University, has been awarded LEED Gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council. The project was developed by Ryan Companies, US, Inc. and designed by DAVIS.
2. ASU’s Skysong 5, the six-story, 151KSF office and research building in Scottsdale, has earned the prestigious LEED Gold certification for its sustainability and environmentally friendly construction. Plaza Companies is the master developer of SkySong, in partnership with ASU University Realty, City of Scottsdale and Holualoa Companies. Butler Design Group was the architect and DPR Construction was the general contractor.
3. The City of Avondale broke ground on the new $12.5M, 17KSF Fire Station No. 175 at Van Buren Street and 127th Avenue. Designed by Perlman Architects and constructed by Willmeng Construction, the project is expected to be complete in February 2022.
4. Cold Summit Development will immediately begin sitework and construction on Cold Summit PHX, a 357KSF speculative cold storage facility at 9600 N. 151st Avenue, Glendale. The project is expected to be completed in December 2021.
5. Capri, Inc. recently broke ground on The Eddy, a two-story, 106-room hotel at River Road and Campbell Avenue, Tucson. The hotel will be part of the Tapestry Collection by Hilton and will have its own in-house restaurant and a pool feature with a bar/lounge designed by Aqua Design International. The Eddy is expected to open next year, in July or August 2022.
6. Banyan Residential, in conjunction with Milhaus, has commenced construction on phase one of Banyan North Tempe, a $177M, 651-unit multifamily development in Tempe. Phase one is expected to be complete in early 2023. Todd & Associates is the design firm and McShane Construction Company is serving as general contractor.
7. The $748M expansion to the Mayo Clinic Hospital Campus in North Phoenix is well underway as cranes on the east side of the campus are being used to help with the heavy lifting for the vertical expansion of three more medical office floors, while the two cranes on the west side are being used for the expansion of operating rooms and loading dock. DPR Construction is the general contractor and HKS is the architect for the west hospital expansion while McCarthy Building Companies is the contractor and Shepley Bulfinch is the architect for the eastern side of the expansion. The expanded operating rooms are scheduled to be completed in time for occupancy in September, while the loading dock expansion should be completed by Q4 2021. The vertical expansion on the east building that houses physicians is expected to be completed in August 2022, while the hospital expansion on the west side should be done by the Q4 2022.
8. The partnership of Trammell Crow Company and PGIM Real Estate announced that it has completed construction on Axis Raintree, a 175.1KSF, Class A, speculative office building at 8605 E. Raintree Drive, Scottsdale. The project was designed by RSP Architects and constructed by Willmeng Construction.
9. LGE Design Build recently completed construction on the 50KSF Ortho AZ medical office. The design, done by LGE Design Group, required both surgical and imaging suite designs.
10. Pinal County on Thursday held a grand opening of its new county complex in San Tan Valley with a ribbon-cutting ceremony at 31505 N. Schnepf Road. Arrington Watkins Architects was the design firm and A.R. Mays Construction was the general contractor.