1. City of Avondale broke ground on The BLVD Water Features project, which includes two signature entrance water features, a one-acre lake, koi pond, splash pad, pedestrian bridges, and inviting landscaping at Avondale Boulevard and Dale Earnhardt Drive. A virtual groundbreaking was hosted on Monday, April 5th. J2 Engineering & Environmental Design is the design firm and Willmeng Construction, Inc. is the general contractor. The $4.8M project is expected to be completed in August 2021.
2. Tesla Inc. is building a 30KSF service center in Glendale’s Westgate Entertainment District at the corner of 93rd and Glendale Avenues. This expansion will support Tesla’s growing fleet. The expected completion date for the facility is sometime in the second quarter of 2021.
3. On April 1st, JE Dunn Construction broke ground on an office building in Scottsdale for a confidential client. They were joined by the City of Scottsdale Mayor, David Ortega, for his first groundbreaking along with the team from Architekton.
4. HCW Development recently broke ground on Glen91, a new 296-unit, gated luxury apartment community adjacent to Westgate Entertainment District in Glendale. H Design Group is the architect and EOS Builders is the general contractor and the project is expected to be completed this fall.
5. Red Hawk Development will break ground this month on the 48KSF Red Hawk Garage Suites, a luxury storage facility offering fully customizable, privately owned car condos for car enthusiasts at 24925 N. 15th Avenue, Phoenix. The architect was not disclosed, and the general contractor is Venn Construction.
6. The City of Tempe began construction on April 5th for a new roundabout at Grove Parkway and Priest Drive, as part of their Vision Zero plan to reduce traffic crashes and fatalities. The project is expected to take about four months to complete.
7. Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, located at 5594 W. Wild Horse Pass Boulevard, Phoenix, recently completed the first half of an extensive $70M remodel of the resort’s 500 guest rooms and suites. The Phoenix-area resort will unveil the floor-to-ceiling remodel of the Maricopa room wing to guests mid-April 2021, with the Pima guest room wing set to be complete by the end of the year.
8. Fry’s Food Stores is set to open its newest 109.7KSF full-service store at 19600 W. Indian School Road, Buckeye, on May 5th. Fry’s built the store on 12 acres the company bought for $2.6M in February 2017.
9. The Town of Marana announced the completion of the installation of new treatment systems at Airline/Lambert and Picture Rocks Water Treatment Campuses to address groundwater quality monitoring results. Carollo Engineers was the project’s design firm and Archer Western was the general contractor/construction manager at risk.
10. Akara Partners recently opened Kenect Phoenix, the 23-story mixed-use multifamily high-rise development at 355 N. Central Avenue, Phoenix. Perkins + Will and RSP Architects, Ltd were the design firms and UEB Builders was the general contractor.