1. The Tucson office of engineering consulting firm Terracon recently presented a $3,500 check from its foundation to Tucson Clean and Beautiful, which will use the money for its youth environmental leadership mentoring program.
2. Coe & Van Loo Consultants coordinated a clay shooting event to benefit Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation. 64 shooters participated in the event and earned $4,500. The Arizona Friends of Foster Children Foundation promotes self-esteem and enriches the lives of Arizona’s children in foster care by funding social, athletic and educational activities.
3. For the third year Adolfson & Peterson Construction is the proud presenting sponsor of Back 2 School Bounty®. Back 2 School Bounty is a 501©3 dedicated to reducing teacher’s out-of-pocket expenses. Other industry sponsors include Ace Asphalt, SPS + Architects, Wholesale Floors, LLC. and Dibble Engineering.
4. Flagstaff-based JKC Inc. General Contractor has established a $1,000 scholarship at Coconino Community College for students wanting a career in the construction trades. The JKC Inc. General Contractor Scholarship goes to one student for the coming academic year.
Awards & Accolades
5. Libby Ekre, Principal of MEB Management Services, one of Arizona’s prominent women-owned firms, was among the winners of the 2019 Globe St. Women of Influence in commercial real estate.
6. SOLON Corporation has been recognized by Solar Power World magazine as the number one commercial EPC solar contractor in Arizona. SOLON’s 2018 installations totaled 7.4 MW, a 20 percent year-over-year increase.
7. After 34 years of business in the furniture industry, Corporate Interior Systems (or “CIS”) is expanding its interior construction division. The rebrand includes a new logo and tagline “Design—Integrate—Go—Grow,” representing the division’s commitment to faster builds and flexible designs. This expansion has brought on an addition that will complete the team of talented designers and project managers by the hiring a new Director of Sales, Rachel Rodriguez.
8. ABI Multifamily recently announced the promotion of Mitchell Drake and Dallin Hammond to Vice President. Drake and Hammond make up the firm’s Private Apartment Team (PAT). Joining in early 2018, they had closed a total of five deals, both on their own and in association with other ABI Multifamily advisors, before the end of June.
9. Evergreen Devco, Inc. announced the appointment of Bryan Lamond to Director of Acquisitions – Arizona. In his new role, Lamond will be responsible for sourcing and evaluating prospective acquisition opportunities in central and northern Arizona.
10. Coe & Van Loo Consultants have recently promoted Park Froehlich, PE to senior project manager, and Alex Caraveo to planning project manager.
11. Rick Carr, AIA, LEED AP has recently been promoted to project director at Abacus Project Management, Inc.
12. RVi Planning + Landscape Architecture announced it has named Mark Reddie Managing Principal of its Tempe office. Reddie joined RVi as Vice President in 2018 after the firm’s successful acquisition and integration of LVA Urban Design Studio, where Mark managed planning and development projects for over 15 years. In his new role, Mark will be responsible for the overall management of the Tempe office, including hiring and staff development, financial management, project management, and business development.
13. Coe & Van Loo Consultants have recently hired Tracy Grunden, PE, as assistant director of their Water/Wastewater Department; Justin McCarty, PE, as senior project manager; and Nick Maxwell, PE, as project engineer.
14. Sundt Construction, Inc. has added Brian Lawrenson to the company’s Tempe office. Lawrenson will serve as a senior superintendent for Sundt’s hospitality and mixed-use projects.
15. Heather Wiseman has joined Evergreen Devco. As the new director of leasing. Wiseman will take over for Bryan Lamond and will be responsible for Evergreen’s lease negotiations and managing the lease-up and tenant mix strategy for a diverse mix of retail real estate developments throughout the western United States.
16. Peter Nieman, a 57-year veteran of the commercial real estate industry, has joined Keyser. In his new role, Nieman will work as a broker with some of the firm’s larger accounts, and he will also serve as a “sounding board” for Keyser to help grow the business.
17. Nate Franke has joined The Opus Group as a senior manager of real estate development, where he will be responsible for sourcing new development opportunities and for managing development efforts in the Phoenix market and throughout the region.
18. MEB Commercial Group has announced the addition of Tyrel Williams as vice president of Commercial Real Estate to its Phoenix office.