Awards & Accolades
1. Engineering New Record posted a list of the ENR Southwest’s 2019 Best Projects. You can find the full list of awards here. Some of Arizona’s best projects for 2019 include:
- Signal Butte Water Treatment Plant – City of Mesa – Best Water/Environment
- MIHS Maryvale Alternative Project – City of Phoenix – Best Healthcare
- Canyon View High School – City of Waddell – Best K-12 Education
- Little America Hotel Multi-phase Remodel – City of Flagstaff – Best Interior/Tenant Improvement
- The Union Tempe – City of Tempe – Best Office/Retail/Mixed-Use
- Phoenician Resort Renovation – City of Scottsdale – Best Residential/Hospitality
2. Construction of the first phase of the Kino South Sports Complex is underway at 2345 E. Benson Highway, with more than 160 acres cleared for multi-use fields. The total project has an estimated value of $26M.
3. Groundbreaking was held Nov. 5 for the St. Catherine of Bologna Performing Arts Center for the Notre Dame Preparatory in Scottsdale. The new center will be 21KSF and will take 13 months to complete.
4. Ryan Companies US, Inc. construction team and subcontractors gathered on Nov. 5 to celebrate the topping out of the 204.8KSF, 7-story Canopy by Hilton in Scottsdale with a beam signing. The project is situated at the NEC of First Street and Marshall Way. Construction began in February 2019 and is anticipated to be completed in summer 2020. Developer and owner is Miller Global Properties, Inc. / MG-Scottsdale, LLC; architect of record is DAVIS and interior design is Studio 11.
5. Mohave Electric Cooperative is providing financial support for an eight-bed veterans’ wing of the BHHS Legacy Foundation Christine Stamper Center for Help & Hope. The facility, under construction on North Oatman Road at Miracle Mile in Bullhead City, is scheduled to open spring 2020.
6. The 111-suite Residence Inn Scottsdale Salt River is now open. Located at 5351 North Pima Road, it has convenient access to the Salt River Pima Maricopa Indian Community, Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall, Talking Stick Casino and Salt River Fields. The all-suite Residence Inn Scottsdale Salt River is owned by Salt River Devco and managed by Marriott International, Inc.
7. Whole Foods Market opened its new Tempe store on Wednesday, November 6. Located at 750 S. Ash Avenue, the new 40KSF store is part of a mixed-use development, The Local.
8. Optima completed construction of Optima Sonoran Village. Located on the southeast corner of 68th Street and Camelback Road, the now completed Optima Sonoran Village features studio, one-, two-, and three-bedroom luxury apartment homes ranging in size from 776 to 2K+SF. Known for its award-winning architecture and world-class amenities, Optima Sonoran Village offers high-rise urban living, extravagant amenities and spectacular views.
9. Willmeng and Allred Company celebrate a ribbon cutting ceremony Nov. 12th, for Northrop Grumman’s new Chandler 633KSF office and manufacturing facility.
10. Maryvale Revitalization Corporation (MRC), an established nonprofit serving the Maryvale village for over 25 years, launches the Maryvale Business Center and Maryvale Spark Center. Members have 24-hour access to an affordable workspace that includes a variety of perks, from a stocked kitchen with coffee and snacks to office essentials and beautiful views overlooking the Milwaukee Brewers spring training facility.