Awards & Accolades
1. Sundt Construction, Inc. and its joint venture partner Kiewit continue to earn awards for their work on the Ina Road Traffic Interchange. The two and a half year project was recently awarded the 2020 “Public Works Projects of the Year” by the Arizona Chapter of the American Public Works Association (APWA) in the category of Transportation: over $75M and the 2019 Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) Partnering Award.
2. The Angela, a luxury residential community developed by StreetLights Residential and managed by Alliance Residential Company, was recently recognized in the ORA™ Power Rankings by J Turner Research and Multifamily Executive as the number one property in the state of Arizona for online reputation.
3. Ground was broken on May 29th, for a $10M truck stop development project on Interstate 10 near the Maricopa County line. Avenue 75E LLC plans to build the truck stop on 15.9 acres at the SWC of the interchange of I-10 and Avenue 75E. The project, when completed, will feature 10 diesel fueling lanes, 24 fueling sites for RVs, cars and small trucks; onsite parking for 50 trucks, 20 RV camping sites, a cellular tower, two Tesla supercharging sites for electric vehicles and a dog park.
4. Construction has begun for Bennigan’s On The Fly at Lake Pleasant Parkway and Hatfield Road, Peoria, with plans to open in late summer or early fall.
5. Sagewood, a Life Plan Community featuring a resort-like setting in northeast Phoenix, has reached more than 70 percent in construction progress for its $100M, 220KSF Phase II that includes 101 independent living apartment homes, new restaurants and community amenities. Sagewood is being developed by LCS Development and is managed by Life Care Services. Todd & Associates is the architect and The Weitz Company is the general contractor.
6. The Phoenix Suns opened Talking Stick Resort Arena to the media for a recent tour to show off what has been completed so far on the $230M renovation of the building. While the entire project isn’t expected to be finished until fall 2021, the majority of work should be done before the 2020-21 NBA season, which is still slated to begin in the fall. Okland Construction is the general contractor and the architecture firm is HOK.
7. HCW, in partnership with Caesars Entertainment Corporation, announced construction is currently underway for the 265-room Caesars Republic Scottsdale luxury brand hotel, and is on schedule to open in January 2022. The project broke ground in March 2020.
8. The Gilbert Regional Park, near Higley and Queen Creek roads, is expected to open the next phase of expanded amenities in mid-July. The park will open 16 pickleball courts, six tennis courts, two basketball courts, restroom facilities and two ramadas. Another phase set to open in the early fall will feature a 7.5-acre community fishing lake that will provide irrigation for the park, six sand volleyball courts, a 10-acre event field, an amphitheater and more ramadas.
9. Canyon Building & Design has completed a new 31.7KSF addition to the Leman Academy of Excellence, 12255 N. La Cañada Drive, Oro Valley. The architect was Carhuff & Cueva Architects, LLC.