Awards & Accolades
1. LSW Engineers announced its latest award: The American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) – Central Arizona Chapter selected Embry Riddle Aeronautical University Classroom and Lab Building in Prescott, AZ as the “Best Institutional HVAC Design” during the chapter’s Fifth Annual Honors & Awards Dinner on May 16.
2. Laser Components has broken ground on a new facility in Chandler that will serve as a central development and production site for all the company’s detector technologies. Construction of the 26KSF facility is expected to be completed by spring 2020.
3. Construction has started on The Muse at Spence, a 16-unit single-family three-bedroom attached home development at Spence Ave east of Rural Rd in Tempe. The project is being developed by Developer Joe Risi and Arizona Cardinals defensive lineman Corey Peters.
4. Trellis, a local nonprofit that promotes homeownership broke ground Wednesday on a 20-unit townhouse complex called Trellis @ Colter, located at Colter St and 16th Dr, Phoenix.
5. Graycor Construction Company has completed the final phase of 10 West Logistics Center, a 1.3MSF, Class A master planned bulk distribution park developed by New York Life Real Estate Investors at the NWC of Van Buren St and 59th Ave. The 569KSF phase II will be occupied by Amazon for a fulfillment center. Butler Design Group was the architect.
6. Commercial Metals Co. completed construction and commissioning of a 63KSF expansion and manufacturing line to produce spooled rebar at CMC Steel Arizona, a micro mill at 11444 E. Germann Rd, Mesa.