1. To make way for improvements to State Route 189 (Mariposa Road) in Nogales, the 3.75-mile road that connects the international border with Interstate 19, crews have been clearing brush from the path of the first of two flyover ramps that will connect northbound SR 189 with northbound I-19. Construction on ADOT’s $134M project began this week. The improvements to SR 189 also include building a roundabout at SR 189 and Target Range Road as well as a traffic signal, drainage improvements and additional work, including improvements east of I-19 and on Grand Avenue.
2. With the completion and sale of a 6.5KSF built-to-suit and the opening of Dutch Bros, the El Corredor mixed-use project in Oro Valley is almost complete. Developer, Boulder Oro Valley still needs to finish construction on the remaining multi-tenant building.
3. A much-needed multifamily residential housing community is coming to Sedona, with the opening of the $11M, 45-unit Piñon Lofts Apartments. The owner is MK Company Inc., the property manager is MEB Management Services and the developer is Pinon-Lofts, LLC. The architect on the project was BMA Architecture and BFL Construction Company was the general contractor.
4. LGE Design Build has recently finished construction on the 793KSF industrial shell building called The Hub in Goodyear. The streamlined, modern aesthetic is designed to captivate and brand its future tenant. The project was designed by LGE Design Group.
5. Greenlight Communities has completed the development of two affordable housing properties in Phoenix. The properties are the 226-unit Cabana on Washington at 5300 E. Washington Street and the 252-unit Cabana on 12th at 4225 N. 12th Street.