1. Hines Interests has begun construction on a 640-unit, 65.3KSF (NRA) self-storage facility at Priest Dr. and Warner Rd in Tempe. A second, 673-unit, 76KSF (NRA) facility set to be located at Dysart and Camelback Roads in Litchfield Park is expected to begin in June and be completed by the end of 2019. CubeSmart will manage both sites.
2. Two Goodyear hotels, Tru by Hilton and Springhill Suites by Marriott, recently broke ground and are expected to open in Spring 2020. The hotels, both located off of the I-10 and Bullard Ave, will have a combined 178 rooms.
3. Caliber –The Wealth Development Company, Rio Nuevo, The City of Tucson, Ryan Companies US, Inc., and the Barrio Viejo Neighborhood gathered today to break ground on the Tucson Convention Center Hotel: A DoubleTree by Hilton in downtown Tucson. The hotel is expected to open in the fourth quarter of 2020.
4. Legacy Sports Arena, LLC has started construction on the $67M Legacy Sports Arena and Hotel project, a 171KSF amateur sports facility and an adjacent 58KSF boutique hotel at 2727 W. Bronco Butte Trail, Phoenix. Milberger Architectural Group is the architect for the arena and K&I Architects & Interiors is the architect for the hotel. A.R. Mays Construction is the general contractor.
5. The $26M Cambria Hotel — a seven-story, 127-room project being developed by True North Studio in the Roosevelt Row Arts District in Phoenix— completed vertical construction Tuesday and is on track to open in November.
6. The 98KSF Watermark at Continental Ranch senior living facility, at 8689 N. Silverbell Rd, Marana, has opened its doors.
7. Path Construction Southwest, Arrington-Watkins Architects and Pinal County recently celebrated the grand opening of the Pioneer Justice Court in San Tan off Hunt Highway.
8. Valley Metro’s light rail extension to Gilbert Road in Mesa will officially open on Saturday. The $184M extension creates two new stations and a new park-and-ride in the East Valley.
9. Arista at Ocotillo, a new $40M luxury mid-rise apartment community developed by Gilbane Development Company and owned by P.B. Bell, recently opened at 3200 S. Dobson Rd in Chandler.