Awards & Accolades
1. Phoenix Business Journal has published its list of Phoenix Area Luxury Apartments, ranked by unit count. Number 1 was Optima SonoranVillage in Scottsdale at 592.
2. Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament broke ground on its Phoenix-area location at the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community‘s Talking Stick Entertainment District.
3. The intersection of Piceno Drive and Cadena Avenue will be part of street improvements stated to begin this month in Plaza I, one of the oldest neighborhoods in San Luis.
4. Pilkington Commercial Company hosted a groundbreaking ceremony at the site of the future 30KSF MPW Industrial Services facility. It should be operating by Q2 of 2019.
5. Brydant Real Estate will break ground April 17on its 19th Avenue Business Park development, a 103KSF industrial building in Deer Valley.
6. Lincoln Property Company, Goldman Sachs and City of Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell broke ground recently on the second Class A office building at The Grand at Papago Park Center. Totaling 352KSF at 1027 W. Roosevelt Way, The Grand Building Two is one of Arizona’s largest office buildings to break ground as a purely speculative endeavor. It is scheduled for completion in second quarter 2019, becoming the second of eight Class A office buildings slated to be built by Lincoln Property Company within the 60-acre mixed-use project.
7. Confluent Development and DPC Companies have announced construction is underway on HUB 317, a 225KSF Class A distribution center being built speculatively in the heart of the Sky Harbor International Airport submarket in Phoenix.
8. The 100-room, four-story Aloft Hotel officially is under construction at Westgate. The new hotel is designed with Millennials or Generation Y in mind. Located in the Westgate Entertainment District, the new Aloft-Glendale plans to open in January 2019.
9. Luna Azul, a new development of 30 homes in North Phoenix, aims to address the need of families to find appropriate housing for special needs loved ones. Developed by Mark Roth the site is the nation’s first for sale residential community for adults with special needs. The project is scheduled to break ground next month and the first residents can expect to move in mid-next year.
10. The last concrete beam has been placed atop Hines’ The Offices at Chandler Viridian, a six-story, Class A office building with 250KSF of space located at the intersection of Loop 101 and Loop 202 near the Chandler Fashion Center.
11. The longest bridges on the Loop 202 South Mountain Freeway, two half-mile-long spans over the Salt River, are quickly emerging in Laveen. Construction is now two-thirds complete on these bridges, which will serve growing areas of the southwest Valley when the freeway opens by late 2019.
12. ISM Raceway has officially started its infield renovation phase with a bang after a wrecking ball demolished the 6KSF media center. The center will quadruple in size, expanding to 24KSF, giving reporters, photographers and public relations representatives 201 workstations to use.
13. Aviva, the East Valley’s newest luxury apartment community, recently completed the first phase of their two-phase project. Phase I includes four residential buildings totaling 166 units delivered.
14. The Best Western North Phoenix Hotel is now open at 9455 N. Black Canyon Highway, according to Phoenix-based Best Western Hotels & Resorts.
15. The Humane Society of Southern Arizona is relocating to its new campus at 635 W. Roger Rd., Tucson The new location features jumbo dog runs, several large off-leash play yards, a designated dog walking path, indoor/screened outdoor cat habitats, and includes innovative and green building practices.
16. A shipping container shopping center is readying for its grand opening in Tucson. The Mercado San Agustín Annex, made up of 13 local, small businesses, will open May 4 south of Congress Street and west of Interstate 10.
17. BridgeWater Assisted Living, upscale senior living communities that provide low income qualified senior assisted living, recently opened its second location in the Valley. BridgeWater Assisted Living Midtown offers 140 apartments in a spacious and airy seven-story community with both a modern and urban feel.