Awards & Accolades
1. The AC Hotel by Marriott Tucson Downtown has been awarded the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) 2018 New Construction and Major Renovations certification. LEED certification identifies the hotel as a showcase example of environmental design.
2. A shipping-container housing project called Stackhouse is ready to break ground at 941 N. Stone Ave., Tucson. All of Stackhouse partners are Tucson-based: architect Randel Jacob, manufacturer PVB Fabrications and web designer Nine25 Design LLC.
3. Abrazo Community Health Network announced it will start construction on a new 32.5KSF micro-hospital at 16815 W Bell Rd in Surprise. The hospital is expected to open in spring 2020. It will include a 13-bed emergency department, an operating room and eight inpatient rooms, along with additional services.
4. Historical society officials last week broke ground on the Dell Webb Sun Cities Museum expansion. The expansion, which involves construction of an entirely new building behind the current museum, is made possible by an $80K grant donated by the Del E. Webb Foundation. Work is expected to be completed by the end of summer, with an official opening slated for this fall. Desert Legacy Construction Company is the general contractor.
5. On Thursday, Brookfield Residential broke ground on the Alamar, a master-planned community in south Avondale consisting of nearly 3,700 homes and a 30-acre park. The project will replace a formerly family-owned farm. The first phase, which will consist of 461 homes and four small neighborhood parks will open in late 2020.
6. The first opportunity zone fund development has officially broken ground. Private equity firm Virtua Partners and its hotel management affiliate Hotel Equities has started development on the 130-room Springhill Suites by Marriott in Avondale.
7. On March 29, The City of Eloy dedicated a new 18KSF City Hall Building at 595 North C Street. This new facility houses the City Manager, Finance, Human Resources, the City Clerk, Community Development and Economic Development. City Hall was designed by SmithGroup and built by CORE Construction.
8. UMOM New Day Centers has officially opened its latest affordable housing complex, 19West in Phoenix.
9. Dignity Health opened its newest freestanding emergency room at 1419 W. Hunt Hwy, San Tan Valley.