1. Achen-Gardner Construction contributed to the AZAGC YCF Save the Family Holiday Adopt-A-Family gift drive and several of our employees volunteered their time to shop, wrap, and deliver the gifts. The gift drive raised more than $7,200 and provided holiday gifts to 12 families, including 16 adults and 34 children.
Awards & Accolades
2. Patricia Thornton, principal architect with Arrington Watkins Architects has successfully completed the Design-Build Institute of America’s comprehensive education and certification testing program to achieve the design-build industry’s highest designation as a nationally certified Design-Build Professional.™
3. Achen-Gardner Construction was honored with the Company of the Year award from the Young Constructors Forum (YCF) of the Arizona Chapter Associated General Contractors (AZAGC) in December and Abby Goode, Project Engineer, was recognized as Rookie of the Year.
4. DWL Architects + Planners, Inc. announces their expansion to a new office in Dublin, OH. This new location strengthens the DWL regional presence and provides the opportunity to pursue, support and deliver more projects in the midwestern region
5. Phoenix-based Keller Electrical Industries was recently bought by Ohio Transmission Corp. The move gives the Columbus-based company an office in Phoenix and Tucson. Keller will keep its name and workforce, including Cody Eslick, its senior vice president of operations, and James Everson, senior vice president and chief financial officer.
6. Mike Greenawalt was recently named CEO of Rosendin, a $2B electrical contracting company. As the new CEO, replacing Tom Sorley, retiring after 26 years, Greenawalt will continue to work out of the Tempe regional office and maintain his Scottsdale home, while leading the national company.
7. Velocity Retail Group has promoted Morgan Danhoff to Associate Vice President.
8. Tyler Lamb was promoted to manager of project development for Burns & McDonnell in Arizona, specializing in competitive and merchant transmission, as well as renewable energy projects.
9. DLR Group has recently promoted Premnath Sundharam, AIA, WELL AP, to senior principal, and Tim Thielke, AIA, LEED AP, Dennis Bree, AIA, LEED AP, Michael Rudolph, AIA, Richard Beach, AIA and Matt Brehmer, AIA to Principal.
10. The City of Avondale named Kenneth Chapa as its new economic development director, replacing Dan Davis, who retired in October. Chapa begins on Jan. 20, 2020. He has worked for the city of Henderson, Nevada in the economic development office for the past three years, including as manager and interim director.
11. Dan Orient joined Redden Construction as senior estimator where he is responsible for leading the estimating team. He has 30 years of estimating experience in the traditional design-bid-build arena as well as in alternative project delivery methods such as Construction Manager at Risk and Design-Build.