1. For the past 15 years, Michael Pollack of Pollack Investments has supported Bishop Tyronne Stowe’s annual Thanksgiving meals for those in need and this year the giving continues. Pollack has donated all the necessary funds to cover 250 Family Boxes of Thanksgiving Meals To-Go.
2. One year ago, global leaders from mayors to civil engineers and engineering organizations joined forces to identify the biggest barriers to infrastructure adaptation and resilience, and to understand how the engineering community could act as a catalyst for action, which came to fruition as the International Coalition for Sustainable Infrastructure. At its one-year anniversary, the symposium highlighted the consensus that engineers are uniquely placed to shape our collective future.
3. Sunstate Equipment Co. LLC plans to acquire two Pacific Northwest companies to expand its trench safety division to that region. The agreement to purchase Cascade Shoring LLC and Cascade Trench Safety LLC was signed on November 16th but isn’t expected to close until early December.
4. Nadel Architecture + Planning is working to grow its presence in Phoenix after hiring Rick Redpath as Managing Director. Nadel previously had a Phoenix office, but it closed after the Great Recession. Now, the company is working to ramp up Phoenix operations to complement its offices in LA and Las Vegas.
5. Belfiore Real Estate Consulting, led by founder and President Jim Belfiore, was acquired by Zonda, a national housing market research and real estate analytics company formerly known as Hanley Wood | Meyers Research.
6. Dukes of Air LLC has been acquired by HomeServe USA in a deal that closed on November 17th. Dukes of Air will retain its name in the acquisition and become part of HomeServe’s local service network in the Phoenix metro. HomeServe, a national provider of service plans, repair, and installation services.
7. Sundt Construction, Inc. has promoted Travis McCarthy to Vice President and Southwest Regional Manager for its Transportation group. He will oversee business development, preconstruction and operations in Arizona, Southern California and New Mexico.
8. Newmark announced that Logan Mather has joined the firm as Director of Management Services to provide strategic oversight of the firm’s property management operations in Arizona. Based in the Phoenix office, Logan will be responsible for business development, profit and loss management, team training and development and client relations.