1. FCI Constructors, Inc. which has nine offices in six states, is celebrating its 40th Anniversary of serving clients in the Rocky Mountain region.
2. The Opus Group announced the recent promotion of Larry Pobuda to executive VP, general manager at Opus Development Company, L.L.C. He is responsible for the leadership and oversight of the Phoenix and Denver teams, including development and construction pursuits, active projects, as well as market strategies and future growth plans for those offices.
3. Mike McKinney has been promoted to VP and District Manager at PCL Construction.
4. Ian Schimke has been promoted to healthcare studio designer at EAPC Architects Engineers.
5. Hines recently announced the hiring of Robert Trujillo as a managing director and Jim Bulsiewicz as a development associate. Trujillo will expand Hines’ multifamily development business in Arizona and Colorado. Bulsiewicz will assist in evaluating new development and acquisition opportunities within the office, retail, multifamily and self-storage sectors for the Arizona and New Mexico markets.
6. Diana Alarcon has been selected to serve as the new director of the Tucson Department of Transportation. She has more than 22 years of experience in transportation in both the public and private sectors.
7. Nana Kusi Appiah has joined the City of Mesa to serve as its new planning director.
8. Pam Mollsen has been hired as CFO at TEPCON Construction.
9. SCS Engineers has hired Daniel Sola to serve as the Arizona and New Mexico project director from the firm’s office in Phoenix.
10. Greenberg Construction has hired Darren Buzzard for construction development.
11. W.E. O’Neil announced the addition of Joseph Cabrera to its team in the role of assistant project superintendent in the Tucson office.
12. Bringing with her 10 years of construction industry experience, Paula Daly has joined FCI Constructors as an estimator.
13. Farhang & Medcoff announced Kristen Wendler has joined the firm as senior counsel, bringing significant experience and skill in real estate and construction law.
14. Sheila Schmidt has been hired as VP of development at developer and medical real estate owner Meridian. She will be based in Meridian’s new Phoenix office.
15. VanTrust Real Estate has hired Tammey Dugan as senior finance associate at its Phoenix office.