1. Nieves Riedel with Riedel Construction recently presented a check for $1,400 to the Spanish-language support group at Yuma Regional Medical Center Cancer Center.
Awards & Accolades
2. RITOCH-POWELL & Associates (RPA) announced that Sara Reynolds, Marketing Coordinator, received the SMPS President’s Choice Award at the SMPS Arizona Phelix Awards on October 10th, 2019.
3. The 2019 Esperanza Latino Teacher Award honorees, from communities throughout Arizona, exemplify resiliency and academic excellence. After careful deliberation from an independent committee, Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC) announced the following CPLC Esperanza Latino Teacher Award recipients:
- Daniel Garcia, Villago Middle School – Casa Grande
- Cecelia Padilla, Cragin Elementary School – Tucson
- Reyna Damian, Irene Lopez Elementary School – Phoenix
- Ana Rosa Duarte Fajardo Abbott, Santan Junior High – Chandler
4. On October 3rd, the Arizona Manufacturers Council (AMC) hosted the 2019 Arizona Manufacturing Summit, which featured keynote speakers in the industry and concluded with an awards ceremony honoring standout leaders in manufacturing. The award recipients were:
- Advocate of the Year: David Garafano, Executive Director of the Arizona MEP
- Legislator of the Year: Joanne Osborne (LD-13) and Rep. Jeff Weninger (LD-17)
- Excellence in Innovation: InsulTech, LLC
- Excellence in Sustainability: SenesTech Inc.
- Small Manufacturer of the Year: Interface Inc.
- Medium Manufacturer of the Year: Cassavant Machining Inc.
- Large Manufacturer of the Year: Benchmark Electronics
5. Avison Young has acquired Phoenix-based Strategic Retail Group, a move that will help to establish Avison Young’s Valley retail brokerage practice. Financial terms of the acquisition are confidential, but SRG’s nine-person team will move to Avison Young’s office, which will total 44 employees after the acquisition. With the addition, the firm is looking to relocate to a new office to accommodate the growth.
6. Denver-based Atlas Real Estate Group is making a play for Phoenix. The company, which is building a niche in managing small apartment properties such as duplexes and quadplexes, has just purchased a building at 335 E. Palm Lane, in the Valley in which it will set up a regional office.
7. Marana Town Manager Jamsheed Mehta appointed Scott Schladweiler as water director. His tenure began September 30th. Schladweiler has filled the role of interim water director since June 17th.
8. Evergreen Devco, Inc., retail and multifamily development company, has recently promoted Scottsdale resident Jeff Market to vice president of Arizona multifamily. Market is responsible for the development and construction management for Evergreen’s Arizona multifamily projects.
9. Evergreen Devco, Inc., has announced the addition of Michelle Sinclair as director of asset management, overseeing the Arizona portfolio of multifamily apartments, including the administrative, financial and operational performance as well as assisting with new acquisitions and sales from the portfolio.
10. John Good has joined Redden Construction, Inc. as a project manager where he is responsible for both managing and estimating a wide variety of projects. He has worked in commercial construction since 1996 with the last 13 years spent as a project manager working on both ground up projects as well as tenant Improvements.
11. Snell & Wilmer announced that Sandra Jonas has joined the Tucson office as an associate in the firm’s commercial litigation practice group.