1. Resolution Copper is donating up to $780K this year to assist organizations throughout the broader community during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis. Groups that have received Resolution Copper’s COVID-19 relief funds include Local First Arizona, Cobre Valley Youth Club, Community Alliance Against Family Abuse, Gila Safe Haven Domestic Violence Safe Home, Hayden Senior Center and others.
Awards & Accolades
2. Phoenix Business Journal has released the honorees for Outstanding Women in Business. Some of the honorees include:
- Patricia Lee Refo – Snell & Wilmer
- Sarah Weiss – Elite Roofing Supply
- Sandra Watson – Arizona Commerce Authority
- Alaina Chabrier – SRP
- Carrie Smith – Foundation for Senior Living
3. Mai Vu, Brittany Trotter and John Garigen, a trio of Valley commercial landscaping and restoration professionals have pooled their expertise to launch a woman co-owned firm, Elevated Emergency Restoration. Services offered by the Scottsdale-based firm include water mitigation, mold and asbestos removal, fire and smoke damage and reconstruction.
4. Associated Builders and Contractors announced the launch of its inaugural Tech Alliance—a consortium of firms that create construction technology and innovative digital solutions for ABC contractor members, the majority of which are classified as small businesses and primarily perform work in the industrial and commercial sectors.
5. BidBird® has launched its new high-tech construction materials bidding application from Phoenix. Using an advanced internet bidding system, guided by auction theory, buyers place online orders and receive multiple blind bids preventing collusion and protecting institutional privacy. The bid deadlines are set by the participating buyer on weekly intervals.
6. SmithGroup has named principal and mixed-use specialist Michelle Ray, AIA, to serve as workplace studio leader at its Phoenix office. In her new position, Ray will continue to work with Phoenix leadership to expand the firm’s workplace and mixed-use expertise and create environments that support the evolving needs of business leaders in the greater Phoenix metropolitan area.
7. Steve Betts has recently been promoted to Managing Director of Development for Holualoa Companies and will be responsible for new development and redevelopment projects undertaken by Holualoa, as well as working to pursue new investment opportunities for the firm. Betts had been working with Holualoa as a senior advisor the past five years.
8. Sundt Construction, Inc. recently promoted Oswaldo Robledo to field superintendent at the firm’s Tucson region. Robledo has been with Sundt for over five years and is currently working on the University of Arizona Student Success District project.
9. Marcus & Millichap announced that Cliff David and Steve Gebing have been named executive managing directors. Previously, David and Gebing were senior managing directors. They specialize in multifamily investment sales in the Greater Phoenix area with the firm’s Institutional Property Advisors (IPA) division, which utilizes Marcus & Millichap’s vast network to serve institutional and high net-worth investors.
10. CBRE announced that Michael Strittmatter has been promoted to Senior Vice President with CBRE Advisory & Transaction Services in Phoenix. Strittmatter joined CBRE in 2011. He specializes in landlord leasing throughout Metro Phoenix with a focus on representing Class A building owners and developers.
11. Integrity Building Corp announced David Castillo has joined the team as the Director of Preconstruction. Castillo will be acting as a key leader in the entire work acquisition process including the management, coordination and delivery of the preconstruction phases of the project and extensive client contact. Castillo will manage the team and ensure the proper resources are assigned and in place to execute the front end of projects in the most efficient manner.
12. Spectrum Engineers announced that Lea Cheshareck, PBD, has joined the firm’s Tempe location as Business Development Manager. With eight years of experience in the local A/E/C industry, Cheshareck will be responsible for leading business development efforts and instrumental in assisting with the continuation of the firm’s expansion in Arizona.
13. Integrity Building Corp announced Mark Strusienski has joined the team as Healthcare Superintendent. Strusienski brings more than 25+ years of construction experience, specifically in healthcare and ICRA environments. Strusienski will work with project managers and subcontractors to provide guidance, coordination, and management for successful projects.
14. Sundt Construction, Inc. recently added Doug Peterson, Meliza Torres and Drew Jenkins to its Tucson region. Peterson and Jenkins join the Tucson office as field engineers and Torres joins as a project administrator.
15. Jennifer (Jenni) Muñiz has joined the Office Interiors Arizona Team as Account Manager. Muñiz comes to Office Interiors with a diverse background in business to business sales for various industries, most recently with a woman-owned commercial contract furniture dealership.
16. NAI Horizon’s Tucson office announced the hiring of Samuel Nalli as Retail Associate after spending the past 3 years at United Real Estate Southern Arizona. He was responsible for guiding buyers and sellers in all aspects of the real estate transaction process. Nalli also has extensive experience in the restaurant business.