1. The Sundt Foundation awarded more than $72K in grants to 16 Phoenix-area nonprofits during its current giving round. The Sundt Foundation awards quarterly grants to local Phoenix charities that support disadvantaged children and families. Nonprofits are selected through an application process and reviewed by a committee of local Sundt employee-owners.
Awards & Accolades
2. Speedie & Associates, Inc. (S&A) announced one of their staff engineers, Zachary Herman, received his professional engineering license in March 2021. Herman is an Arizona State University graduate and has been with S&A since 2015.
3. AZ Business Magazine has published Arizona’s 2021 Most Admired Companies. The CRE and A/E/C companies that made the list are:
- CHASSE Building Team
- Cresa Global
- DP Electric
- DPR Construction
- Habitat for Humanity of Central Arizona
- JE Dunn Construction
- Sundt Construction
- Taylor Morrison
4. TDIndustries, Inc. announced its Inaugural All Star Under 20 Intern List, highlighting some of the brightest young adults who interned across the company this summer. They are:
- Oluwasubomi Adenuga
- Jamarcia Broadway
- Kaitlyn Cavallin
- Travis Coffman
- Juan Contreras
- Juan Cruz
- Jaclyn Dickerson
- Katka Durcanska
- Ryan Gehm
- Alonso Guevara
- Chloe Harms
- Kristina Hernandez
- Tabansi Howes
- Juan Juarez
- Zackary Lasher
- Kate Lyon
- Bradley Miller
- Isaiah Moore
- Gregorio Narvaez
- Miguel Ontiveros
- Diego Reyes
- Gilberto Rivera
- Emily Smith
- Wesley Spence
- William Stewart
- Ryan Tucker
- Lamech Valdez
- Thomas Walker
5. A total of 117 Arizona companies made the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest-growing private firms in America for 2021. Below are the Arizona companies in the Construction and Real Estate industry categories and their rank on the list:
- Icon Power, #146
- BIM Designs, #148
- Willmeng Construction, #1,245
- Emerald Pools and Spas, #1,306
- Tower Capital, #1,850
- Tru Realty, #2,123
- SANTE Realty Investments, #2,426
- Redline Electric & Solar, #2,435
- Canyon State Electric, #2,437
- North&Co, #3,313
- Grand Canyon State Glass Design, #3,215
- Venture REI, #3,549
- RestorationHQ, #3,737
- Kowalski Construction, #3,957
- Air Control Air Conditioning, #4,153
- SHADE Industries, #4,219
- Envision Painting, #4,305
- On Q Property Management, #4,398
- HomeSmart International, #4,608
- LevRose Real Estate, #4,962
- Menlo Group Commercial Real Estate, #4,973
6. Coreslab Structures has teamed with PONO Construction for the past 10 years on nine structures on the school’s campus at 3300 W. Camelback Road in Phoenix. The collaborative effort began in earnest in 2011 when the two teamed on a 1,635-stall, 5-level parking garage. Since then, the two have collaborated on seven additional parking structures and the school’s baseball stadium, Brazell Field at GCU Ballpark.
7. Fulton Homes is marking the achievement of 45 years of building quality single-family homes with high-grade amenities and plentiful greenspaces in communities across the Valley. Recently, the Tempe-based homebuilder announced details on more than 5,200 secured lots the company currently has in different stages of development in the local market.
8. Adolfson & Peterson Construction has promoted Scott Salyer to Vice President of Operations. In his new role, Salyer will serve as a strategic leader for the company’s Southwest region, charged with managing its internal operations and developing new opportunities in the marketplace. He will also work with the Southwest leadership team and AP’s Gulf States, Midwest and Mountain States regions to bolster the company’s interregional collaboration and overall market strength.
9. Clayco announced Bryan Zehnder has relocated to the firm’s Phoenix office to serve as Vice President of Operations. Zehnder has been with Clayco 14 years, beginning as a project engineer and working his way up to his current role. His extensive portfolio includes healthcare, industrial, commercial, multifamily and higher education projects. In his new role, Zehnder will help lead general operations across all market sectors.
10. McCarthy Building Companies Southwest Region promoted Michaela Rempkowski to Director of Integrated Design. Her team collaborates on design-build and alternative delivery projects by focusing on the effective integration of design and construction to minimize risk, enhance quality and constructability, as well as facilitate start-up and commissioning water treatment plants.
11. SWABACK pllc has promoted Todd True to Associate. True has been a foundational member of the firm, having begun his career as an intern at SWABACK 26 years ago. In his role, he will continue to contribute high-level project management and technical expertise on many complexes, multi-disciplinary projects, including high-end residential, hospitality, multi-family and mixed-use.
12. Alta Southwest welcomed the new V.P. of Business Development, Richard Antonio, to the team. He is an operational and business development strategist with more than 25 years of experience in strategic, fiscal, sales, retention development and operational leadership in complex organizations. Antonio graduated from the University of Portland and is a member of The Tempe Diablos and Tempe Diablo Charities, where their mission is to provide programs and opportunities to benefit the Tempe community.
13. VanTrust Real Estate welcomed Kris Miller to the firm to serve as Director of Development Services. Miller brings a strong design/build construction background to his new role with VanTrust, having spent the entirety of his career in the local market with established general contractors. Miller’s role will be to support VanTrust’s Arizona regional office, working with the real estate development team to plan, direct, coordinate and oversee construction projects in the Arizona region.
14. LGE Design Group announced the addition of Izabela Castillo as Business Development Manager. Castillo will expand existing client relationships while cultivating new business and contributing to LGE’s continued growth. In her new role, Castillo will research real estate trends, tend to client needs and foster new relationships. Her support in these fundamental tasks will ultimately help generate additional revenue for the company.
15. ALTA Southwest welcomed Kent Groh as Geomatics/Survey Manager. With more than 30 years of technical management and leadership experience, Groh has been the Survey Manager on numerous projects. Some of his previous clients include Salt River Project, La Jara Farms, and American Furniture Warehouse. He is the co-founder and president of the United Surveyors of Arizona as well as the host of The Geoholics Podcast. Groh’s alma mater is Southern Illinois University – Carbondale.
16. Speedie & Associates, Inc. welcomed Christina Vickers as Environmental Division Leader and Senior Project Manager. Vickers brings more than 10 years of experience performing and managing environmental inspections and assessments for a variety of agricultural, commercial, multi-family residential, and industrial/manufacturing properties throughout the Midwest and Southwest geographical regions. She will be responsible for managing a team of dedicated environmental professionals based in Phoenix.
17. Newtown Community Development Corporation announced the return of Jonathan Peiffer as Development Manager, having previously served as the organization’s Director of Housing Development from 2010-2015. As a registered architect in seven states and with 30 years of industry experience, Peiffer has been involved with many project types ranging from commercial, government and religious facilities to single family and multifamily housing.
18. ALTA Southwest recently added Randy Loveless as Project Manager. Loveless was previously a field operations manager for SAM Companies in Denver, where he managed a team of 12 employees to execute field survey operations. Additionally, Loveless collaborated with key internal stakeholders. A wildcat, Loveless graduated from Northern Michigan University.