1. Western Wealth Capital is hosting its fifth annual “We’ve got Your Back” event. On Tuesday, July 27th, School supply kits and backpacks will be given to school-age residents of the 21 Phoenix-area Western Wealth Capital-owned apartment communities. The backpacks will include a school district-approved supply kit with notebooks and other vital supplies like pens and art supplies. This year, the company will surpass $200K in donated school supplies since the event’s inception in 2016, with more than 450 backpacks being distributed this year alone.
Boards & Commissions
2. Tempe-based First Solar Inc. has expanded its board of directors by adding Anita Marangoly George as Director. Her role includes service on the board’s nominating and governance and technology committees. George is a strategic adviser at la Caisse de Dépôt et Placement du Québec. First Solar said George is known for her expertise in infrastructure finance, especially renewable energy finance.
3. Clayco announced the firm has established an office in Phoenix as part of its western expansion. The new office is located at 2398 E. Camelback Road in the Biltmore area. Clayco’s Arizona expansion is led by Executive Vice President Anthony Johnson, along with a core leadership team of Kim Poole as Vice President of Economic Development, Bryan Zehnder as Vice President of Operations, and Lindsay Johnson as Project Executive.
4. TDIndustries, Inc. (TD) is celebrating 75 years as a premier facilities service and mechanical construction company. TD has a long history of working on complex construction projects from data centers and hospitals to offices, apartment complexes, healthcare facilities and educational institutions. Stadiums and arenas, like the University of Phoenix Stadium, stand out by providing community gathering places for fans to connect and create lifelong shared experiences.
5. Coreslab Structures Inc. can utilize a carbon dioxide removal technology supplied by CarbonCure Technologies in its day-to-day operations in Arizona to provide low-carbon, precast concrete solutions to customers upon request. This ensures architects and engineers in Arizona can secure concrete solutions that deliver a significantly reduced carbon footprint without compromising strength or quality. CarbonCure’s partnership with Coreslab started at the company’s Austin, Texas precast plant in August 2020. Based on the success of that partnership in Austin, Coreslab is now deploying the technology at its Arizona and Missouri locations.
6. Plant Solutions has been incorporating plants and greenery landscapes into office buildings and workspaces around the Valley for more than 40 years. Asset managers, architects and developers stay with Plant Solutions for years because of the benefits plants bring to a workplace and the quality service they receive.
7. Lee & Associates announced the promotion of Conner Lee to Principal. Lee is an industrial agent that specializes in the leasing and sales of warehouse & manufacturing buildings, contractor yards, and flex properties. He joined Lee & Associates in 2011 as a junior researcher and received his real estate license in 2012.
8. Arcadia Management Group (AMG) has launched a new Construction Management Division, hiring industry veteran Mark Zimmerman to lead the launch and the division during a time of surging post-pandemic demand. In his new role, Zimmerman serves as the National Director of Construction Management, overseeing a pipeline of $17M in tenant and capital improvements for current Arcadia-managed properties.
9. CBRE announced that Adrienne Kautzman has joined CBRE Capital Markets’ Debt & Structured Finance as a Senior Vice President, based in Phoenix. Kautzman will specialize in the placement of debt and equity for hospitality properties throughout the U.S. Kautzman joins CBRE from Berkadia, where she most recently was Managing Director for the Berkadia Hotels & Hospitality Group, responsible for providing financing solutions to commercial real estate developers and owners throughout the U.S.