Awards & Accolades
1. The Arizona Republic and azcentral.com announced that Clear Title Agency of Arizona has been awarded another top ranking on the list of 2020 azcentral.com® Top Companies to Work for in Arizona, for the eighth consecutive year.
2. ABI Multifamily Senior Managing Partner, John Kobierowski, has been selected for the GlobeSt. Best Bosses 2020 award by the editors of GlobeSt. Real Estate Forum, a leading national commercial real estate magazine. Honorees were selected for their influence and accomplishments within the commercial real estate industry.
3. Engineering News Record recently published their ENR 2020 Top 400 Contractors List. ENR subscribers can view the full list here. Sundt Construction, Inc. announced they climbed to No. 52 on the list. The top 20 are:
- The Turner Corp
- The Whiting-Turner Contracting Co
- Kiewit Corp
- McDermott International
- STO Building Group, Inc.
- SKANSKA USA
- PCL Construction
- Gilbane Building Co
- Clark Group
- DPR Construction
- Hensel Phelps
- Tutor Perini Corp
- The Walsh Group
- Balfour Beatty US
- McCarthy Holdings Inc.
- Holder Construction
Boards & Commissions
4. At its Annual Meeting, the MAG Regional Council elected Glendale Mayor Jerry Weiers to lead the organization as chair over the coming year. Other officers selected include Mesa Mayor John Giles as Vice Chair and Avondale Mayor Kenneth Weise as Treasurer. At-Large Members for the MAG Executive Committee include Phoenix Mayor Kate Gallego, Tolleson Mayor Anna Tovar, Carefree Mayor Les Peterson, and Chandler Mayor Kevin Hartke.
5. Van Tuyl Companies has launched VT LandGroup, an entity dedicated to land acquisition initiatives. The company will operate in unison with its sister company VanTrust Real Estate to seek and acquire land nationwide in various stages, from raw land to fully entitled/developed land, over a full spectrum of uses.
6. Alisa Timm, CPM, has been named Vice President of Management for Ryan Companies Southwest region. Timm previously served as Director of Real Estate Management since joining the company in 2017.
7. The Phoenix office of JLL announced that leading office market brokers Ryan Timpani and Nick Bialkowski have joined the full-service commercial real estate firm as Managing Director and Senior Associate, respectively. Timpani and Bialkowski will contribute to JLL’s expanding Phoenix office market coverage, focusing on large-scale office buildings throughout the Valley with a collective expertise that includes institutional landlord leasing, land development, investment and build-to-suits.
8. Sharee Turner has accepted a Branch Manager position with Clear Title Agency of Arizona. In this role, she will work to build upon the company’s fast-growing demand for title and escrow services in the West Valley.
9. Brandon Harrington joined NorthMarq to collaborate with the company’s eight-person multifamily investment sales team led by Trevor Koskovich, president-Investment Sales.
10. Marcus & Millichap announced that co-chairman William A. Millichap has passed away after a year-long battle with cancer. He was 76 years old.