Awards & Accolades
1. R. Craig Coppola, the highest-producing broker in the 40+ year history of Lee & Associates and one of the Valley’s most visible and popular commercial real estate leaders, has been named NAIOP Arizona’s 2020 Award of Excellence recipient. He was honored at the Best of NAIOP awards ceremony on Wednesday, May 12th at WestWorld of Scottsdale. Coppola is one of eight Founding Principals of Lee & Associates Arizona. He holds the three most coveted designations in the industry: CCIM, CRE, and SIOR (one of 33 in the world to hold all three).
2. KTGY Architecture + Planning announced that it has earned 13 prestigious awards including one Platinum and seven Gold awards at the three recent National Association of Home Builders’ (NAHB) virtual awards events: Best in American Living Awards, Multifamily Pillars of the Industry Awards and The Nationals. Included in the array of awards are three awards for the homes at Sterling Grove by Toll Brothers in Surprise.
3. AZ Big Media issued the Top 10 Construction Companies in Arizona based on public voting for the 2021 edition of Ranking Arizona. They are:
- Haydon Building Corp.
- Hunter Contracting Co.
- Viasun Corporation
- Sunland Asphalt & Construction
- Buesing Corporation
- DPR Construction
- Ace Asphalt of Arizona
- Kiewit Construction Company
- Hensel Phelps
- Layton Construction Company
4. AZ Big Media issued the Top 10 Real Estate Developers in Arizona based on public voting for the 2021 edition of Ranking Arizona. They are:
- Ryan Companies US, Inc.
- ViaWest Group
- RED Development LLC
- Wentworth Property Group
- Barclay Group
- Lincoln Property Group
- Trammell Crow Company
- Plaza Companies
5. AZ Big Media issued the Top 10 Electrical Contractors in Arizona based on public voting for the 2021 edition of Ranking Arizona. They are:
Staff of 136 or More:
- Wilson Electric Services
- Canyon State Electric
- DP Electric
- Cannon & Wendt Electric Co.
- Corbins Electric
- Rosendin Electric
- Delta Diversified Enterprises
- Sturgeon Electric Company
- Kearney Electric
- M.E. electrical
Staff of 135 or Fewer:
- Switch Electric Inc.
- Spectra Electrical Services
- JFK Electrical Contracting Enterprises
- Kortman Electric
- K2 Electric
- Kuhl’s Electric & Service
- Hayden Electric
- Swain Electric
- Wang Electric Systems
- RMJ Electrical Contractors Inc.
Boards & Commissions
6. At their March 19th, 2021 monthly event featuring a panel discussion, the Pinal Partnership Board of Directors announced former Pinal County Supervisor Anthony Smith will be their next President and CEO succeeding Harold Christ in that position. Anthony Smith is joining the Partnership’s Executive Director Melissa Johnson in marketing the county and its communities and growing the organization.
7. First Solar announced that it increased the size of its board of directors by adding Kathryn Hollister. Hollister previously spent nearly four decades at Deloitte Tax LLP. She is both a certified public accountant and a lawyer and she will serve on the board’s audit and compensation committees.
8. Arizona Window and Door, a top-rated, full-service company that provides a vast selection of windows and exterior doors for homes, is pleased to announce that it will be opening a new location in Scottsdale Airpark. All visitors who attend the grand opening week, which will begin on April 1st at 7625 E. Redfield Road, Scottsdale, will receive a free foaming, streak-free glass cleaning solution and will have the chance to schedule a private session with a professional design consultant.
9. Harry M. Lourimore, recently announced the launch of his new company Lourimore Land & Development. Lourimore Land & Development is focused on becoming a leading residential developer in the Phoenix marketplace by applying its real estate and development expertise to a variety of residential and mixed-use asset classes. Currently, Lourimore is focused on creating single family residential opportunities for home builders and building vibrant multi-family communities within the Phoenix marketplace.
10. Sundt Construction, Inc., promoted Alex Charland to Operations Manager for its Industrial Group. In his new position Charland will be responsible for field and business operations for the group’s mining, power and process sectors. Charland has been in the construction industry for nearly two decades. He joined Sundt in 2007 as a field engineer for a water treatment project and has steadily advanced through several positions including project manager, senior project manager, project director and now operations manager. He has over $1B worth of direct project experience.
11. Norris Design has announced the promotion of Chris Stebe, PLA, QWEL, to Principal in the Tucson office. Stebe joined Norris Design in 2013 and oversees irrigation design services for all Norris Design offices. With over 20 years of experience in landscape architecture, irrigation design, master planning, park design and design/build landscape contracting, he has managed public and private projects of various types and scales.
12. Brinkman Real Estate has announced that Jane Everhart has been promoted to President and CFO of the real estate investment firm. In the President role, Everhart will lead strategic initiatives that focus on organizational optimization and structure while driving short and long-term company goals.
13. With more than 20 years of civil engineering experience, Tim Stout PE, LEED AP has launched the land development practice for Langan in Phoenix, where he joins an established environmental health and safety (EH&S) compliance team. He moved from the firm’s Philadelphia office, where he managed design teams and approval processes for numerous land-development projects locally and internationally.
14. Melynn Wakeman, the Founder and President of Wakeman Integrity, LLC, added to her brokerage staff with the hiring of Commercial Sales Associate Branden Mondragon and Commercial Sales Specialist Kristin Glavin, and also added a team of IT, marketing, website, legal and accounting consultants.
15. Cushman & Wakefield announced the team of Brad Anderson, Vice Chairman and Michael Strittmatter, Managing Director, have joined the firm’s Office Services Group in Phoenix. A top regional office team, Anderson has worked in real estate for nearly 35 years and Strittmatter for 10 years—all alongside Anderson. The team specializes in advisory and transaction services for institutional owners, REITS and private capital who own office properties throughout metro Phoenix.
16. Jim Belfiore has been named president of the southwest region of Kasa Development LLC, a newly formed modular homebuilder with a hungry appetite for land in Arizona. After founding Belfiore Real Estate Consulting in 2006, Belfiore sold his Phoenix data research firm to Zonda.
17. Josh Rogers joined BH DevCo as Director of Development. He is responsible for securing new business opportunities in the industrial build-to-suit and retail-to-supply chain developments and providing project management expertise with site identification, entitlements and approvals, and construction process.
18. Andrew M. Miller has joined Burch & Cracchiolo Of Counsel. Miller’s practice is focused on zoning, land use, real estate law, government relations and municipal law. Prior to B&C, Miller served as Town Attorney for the Town of Paradise Valley from 1998-2020.
19. Ron Harman, whose career includes work on the iconic Burton Barr Central Library in Phoenix and development of precast concrete design, has retired after almost 40 years at Coreslab Structures, Inc., the past 16 as General Manager. Harman joined Stanley Structures in 1982 as quality control manager and continued with Coreslab Structures as plant manager. He served as Vice President/Assistant General Manager for 4 years and was promoted to General Manager/Vice President in 2005. Harman will serve as a consultant to the Coreslab plant in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
20. Mattamy Homes has named a new president to lead its Phoenix division. Don Barrineau, who previously served as president of Mattamy Homes’ Alberta division, joined the Phoenix team as president on March 11th.