1. During its current round of giving, the Sundt Foundation awarded $80.9K in grants to 20 Phoenix-area nonprofits. The Sundt Foundation awards quarterly grants to local Phoenix charities that support disadvantaged children and families. Nonprofits are selected through an application process and reviewed by a committee of Sundt employee-owners.
2. Arizona Window and Door recently partnered with Anlin, a leading manufacturer of energy-efficient windows and doors, to donate an energy-saving new window package to Therapeutic Riding of Tucson (TROT). The donation will help the nonprofit TROT organization, which seeks to use the power of the human-horse connection to enrich the lives of people with special needs, transform its feed and saddle storage areas.
Awards & Accolades
3. Galileo Project, LLC is celebrating Peter Rocco’s 10-year work anniversary as a Project Manager. Rocco joined Galileo Project in 2011 and has gained invaluable knowledge and experience working with federal, state, and local government agencies on NEPA and CEQA energy projects.
4. CDC Small Business Finance was named Arizona’s SBA 504 Lender of the Year for the third straight year. CDC Small Business Finance was recognized among all SBA 504 lenders in the state for the greatest loan production and impact in Arizona.
5. Cushman & Wakefield | PICOR salutes its 2020 outstanding achievers who were honored at the company’s innovative and safely distanced annual awards luncheon held via videoconference on January 27th, 2021. The honorees are:
- President’s Award for Excellence: Tina Olson
- Peter H. Douglas Heart & Soul Award: Rebecca Fuentes
- # 1 Producer: Allan Mendelsberg
- # 2 Producer: Richard M. Kleiner, MBA
- # 3 Producer: Dave Hammack
- Industrial Division Leader: Stephen Cohen
- Retail Division Leader: Dave Hammack
- Office/Medical Division Leader: Richard M. Kleiner, MBA
- Multifamily Division Leader: Allan Mendelsberg
- Admin Employee of the Year: Maria Ayres
- MVP: Angie Benedict
- Manager of the Year: Sierra Howard
- Tenant Relations Award: Mark Isenberger
6. The Arizona Transportation Builders Association announced the 2020 Installation Award Winners. They are:
- Ben Patton Luster Safety Award – Large Project: Hunter Contracting
- Ben Patton Luster Safety Award – Small Project: KE&G
- President’s Award: Sarah McCraren, McCraren Compliance
- Agency/Municipal Member of the Year: Jim Cunningham, (Formerly with Pima County)
- Associate Member of the Year: Sarah McCraren, McCraren Compliance
- Ditch Digger Member of the Year: Chad Housler, Granite Construction
- Person of the Year: Jim DeGrood, Pima Association of Governments RTA
- Lifetime Member of the Year: Chuck English, Hunter Contracting
7. The Phoenix Business Journal has issued the Outstanding Women in Business honorees. The CRE/AEC honorees are:
- Yung Koprowski – CEO at Y2K Engineering LLC
- Devney Preuss – CEO of Downtown Phoenix, Inc.
- Cathleen Yu – Partner at Quarles & Brady LLP
8. Solutions AEC announced they have outgrown their current space in Tempe and have moved to a larger office at 8222 S. 48th Street Suite 265, Phoenix, to accommodate current and future growth. They look forward to continuing to service their clients and projects from their larger space. Their phone numbers and emails will remain the same.
9. CapRock Partners announced that it has recorded significant levels of transaction activity since the onset of the pandemic, acquiring, leasing and selling nearly 10MSF of industrial real estate. The firm also opened two new offices in Phoenix and Northern California and welcomed 26 new employees across its organization, including:
- Andrea Arcilla, Vice President of Development
- Rosendo Solis, Vice President of Development
- Scott Hay, Vice President of Portfolio Management
- Steve Hamel, Director of Property Management
- Allyson Chwatko, Director of Leasing
10. Jokake Construction has promoted Diana Bujnovsky from Controller to CFO effective immediately. Bujnovsky has been instrumental in positioning Jokake’s representation in associations and community involvement, as well as supporting the company with the appropriate certifications. Her 10 years with the company have provided her the leadership and management strategies within the legal, financial, and cultural environments.
11. Tom “Mando” Kapita, P.E., regional leader of the Geo-Structural Design and Instrumentation (GDI) practice for engineering consultant Terracon, Inc., recently was promoted to Principal. The role of a Principal includes significant contribution beyond “daily responsibilities” in terms of leadership in advancing the company in areas such as technical capability, client experience, employee experience and community.
12. Kelly Hyde has been promoted to Principal with Henderson Engineers. Since joining Henderson in 2005, Hyde has logged vast project management, construction administration, and electrical design experience. His keen attention to detail, seamless communication skills, and market knowledge make him the ideal match for clients.
13. Sundt Construction, Inc. promoted Amy White to project engineer in its Tucson office. In her new role, White will support assigned projects in construction and preconstruction throughout the Tucson region.
14. Newmark Knight Frank has promoted Chase Dorsett from Associate to Associate Director. Working with Senior Managing Directors Steve Julius and Jesse Goldsmith, Dorsett broadens the team through the cultivation of new business, financial underwriting, and thorough market analyses. He specializes in investment sales for multi-tenant shopping centers and net leased retail properties in Phoenix.
15. After four years with Newmark Knight Frank as a Senior Graphic Designer, Danny Donofrio has been promoted to Marketing Manager. With extensive experience in branding and layout design, he will develop and implement marketing strategies and creative client presentations across multiple platforms, as well as work closely with the firm’s brokers to attract new business and enhance the office’s visibility in the Phoenix market.
16. The PENTA Building Group recently promoted Chase Roberts to Project Manager in Phoenix. In his role, Roberts will collaborate with owners to guide projects to safe and successful completions. Roberts has served as a PENTA intern, recipient of PENTA’s scholarship at Arizona State University, and in Project Engineer and Senior Project Engineer roles.
17. Galileo Project, LLC welcomes Megan Mater as a Deputy Project Manager. Mater has more than12 years of experience in environmental planning and compliance. For the last seven years, Mater worked as an environmental specialist at Kinder Morgan where she managed environmental permitting for construction and maintenance projects on natural gas pipelines.
18. Rio West Development & Construction, Inc. announced the addition of Reid Hoge, son of Walter Hoge. Hoge will be operating in both a financial and project management capacity and will be a key player in all aspects of operating the company. Hoge is a CPA and brings a tremendous resume of business experience to the team.
19. Keyser added Carol Schillne to lead its retail brokerage. Schillne, who formerly worked at CBRE Group Inc. as a first vice president, worked 32 years in the industry, both in brokerage and development.
20. The PENTA Building Group hired Colton Boudreaux as Project Engineer in Phoenix. In his position, Boudreaux coordinates and communicates information and documentation on PENTA projects, while supporting Project Managers and Superintendents.
21. Chairman of the Board of Supervisors Stephen Miller announced news of the very sad passing of Pinal County Economic Development Director Tim Kanavel. Kanavel joined Pinal County in 2009 as the County’s first Economic Development Director and since then has overseen more than $8B of projects coming into the County. He led an award-winning Economic Development and Workforce Department, most recently recognized as Large Organization of the Year with an Excellence in Economic Development Award by the Arizona Association for Economic Development. Kanavel was 64 and leaves behind three children and four grandchildren. Everyone at Pinal County sends their condolences to Tim’s family and friends.