Awards & Accolades
1. Robson Communities was named the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Best 55+ Builder of the Year during the 2020 NAHB International Builders’ Show in Las Vegas.
Boards & Commissions
2. Arizona Multihousing Association announced the election of its 2020 officers and board members. Assuming the chair is Kim Pacheco, CPM, Director of Multifamily Operations at Scotia Group Management Inc., in Tucson. Joining Pacheco on the leadership group are Reid Butler, vice chair, Butler Housing Company; Scott Hines, treasurer, PEM Real Estate Group; John Carlson, immediate past chair, Mark-Taylor Residential; Linda Coburn, secretary, NexMetro Development; and Sue Campbell, AMC executive, Redi Carpet. Click here to see the list of board members.
3. Haley Construction Company is celebrating their 65th anniversary this year. Haley Construction has completed more than 1,000 projects in the Prescott area and in northern Arizona, including municipal and commercial buildings, historic restorations, medical and “green” buildings, and award-winning custom homes.
4. Virtua Partners announced raising more than $341M in 2019, thanks in large part to the firm’s merger with Hotel Equities. A significant portion of the total came from the firm’s hospitality and Opportunity Zone strategic initiatives.
5. Holualoa Companies has acquired a significant share of Greenlight Communities, a dynamic Scottsdale-based company that is building an innovative new type of multifamily residential product in the Valley.
6. Taylor Morrison Home Corp. closed its $2.5B acquisition of William Lyon Homes on Thursday, making the Scottsdale-based homebuilder the fifth largest in the nation.
7. Real estate investment firm Caliber Co. is preparing for an online public offering, a step toward eventually being traded on a public market. The company aims to sell 12.5M shares at $4 each to raise $50M.
8. Concord General Contracting, Inc. announced the completion of its leadership transition. Effective January 1, 2020, Grenee Celuch has been named Chief Executive Officer, Jason Beaver continues as Chief Operating Officer and JV Nyman has become President of the company. Previous leaders including Dale Marr, John Nyman and Eric Peterson have stepped down from their day-to-day responsibilities, but will remain with the company as employees and shareholders.
9. Mike Winters, previously Executive Vice President of East Valley Operations for Clear Title Agency of Arizona, will expand his key leadership role to oversee all Phoenix area operations for the company.
10. Sue Sylvester joins Corgan with two decades of experience in client relations in the Phoenix A/E/C community. In her new role, Sue will lead business development for Corgan’s Phoenix office, delivering architectural solutions for corporate, education, municipal and healthcare clients.
11. VIP Mortgage announced that builder industry veteran, Natalie Fischer, has been named the new Vice President of National Builder Sales for their Scottsdale based mortgage company. In the role, Natalie will actively engage local and national builders through partnerships and business opportunities throughout the country.
12. Sundt Construction, Inc. recently hired Crystal Rubin as a business development representative in its Transportation Group. Rubin brings nearly 17 years of experience in the architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) industry with high-profile, large-scale projects to her new role.
13. NAI Horizon continues to grow its Tucson office with the hiring of MultiFamily & Investment Sales specialist Christopher Itule.
14. Steve Julius and Jesse Goldsmith have recently joined Newmark Knight Frank as Senior Managing Directors, along with Chase Dorsett, who joined as an associate, where they will specialize in investment sales for multi-tenant shopping centers and net leased retail properties in Phoenix.
15. David Pogue has joined RiverRock Real Estate Group, a property services firm, as Chief Strategy Officer.
16. Dane Briggs, who has held various leadership positions with title insurance, real estate and technology companies in Arizona, will be leading sales strategy and technology implementations for Clear Title Agency of Arizona.
17. TDIndustries has recently hired Mark Watson as Vice President, Controls, where he will oversee all aspects of TDIndustries’ Controls (building automation) group throughout the Southwest.