Source: ASCE Phoenix Branch
The ASCE Phoenix Branch is now accepting nominations for the Government Civil Engineer of the Year and ASCE Phoenix Branch Project (Large and Small) of the Year Awards. Nominations are due by 4:00 PM on January 15th, 2021.
Government Civil Engineer of the Year Award
The nomination for ASCE’s Government Civil Engineer of the Year Award must be an ASCE member in good standing, and preferably a licensed professional engineer. Qualifications of the award nominees will be judged on following criteria:
- Sustained outstanding civil engineering performance in the public sector
- Evidence of high character and professional integrity
- Civic and humanitarian activities (community service)
- A minimum of 15 years in public service as a civil engineer
- Five of the 15 years at the senior administrative level
- Employed in the U.S. public sector at the time of application submittal
Project of the Year Awards
Judging Criteria for the Large Project of the Year (More than $10M) and Small Project of the Year (Less than $10M) will be based on the following criteria:
- Contribution to the well-being of people and communities
- Resourcefulness in planning and solving design challenges
- Pioneering in use of materials and methods
- Innovations in construction
- Minimization of impact on physical environment
- Composite Application
Please direct any questions to Phoenix Branch Vice-President Joe Dietrick at email@example.com or cell 724-771-8403.
Awards will be distributed at the March 2021 ASCE Phoenix Branch luncheon!