Awards & Accolades
1. Nonprofit group La Frontera Arizona’s development arm La Frontera Partners Inc. has earned The Brian Mickelsen Housing Hero Award from the Arizona Department of Housing for its $14.9M Storacle Point Apartments development in Tucson. La Frontera Arizona works to address issues in affordable housing, behavioral health, employment and crisis intervention.
2. A design/build collaboration between Haydon Building Corp and Richärd Kennedy Architects has earned the firms a prestigious 2021 International Architectural Award for their work on the Asante Library in Surprise. The International Architecture Awards are dedicated to the recognition of excellence in architecture and urbanism from a global point of view.
3. The $18.5M campus modernization project for Scottsdale Unified School District’s Kiva Elementary School celebrated a groundbreaking on August 19th.
4. Housing Solutions of Northern Arizona will convert the 44-unit former Travelodge on Route 66 into studio apartments in a project intended to aid families transitioning from homelessness.
5. Dominium recently broke ground on the 308-unit, $54.3M affordable Vista Ridge Apartments development near 19th and Southern avenues in Phoenix. Completion is expected in spring 2023.
6. The $13.6M South Mountain Community College science complex kicked off construction with a groundbreaking ceremony earlier this month. The project has a June 2022 expected completion date.
7. The Pizzuti Companies broke ground recently on its 915KSF speculative industrial project Cotton Lane Distribution Center (aka Cotton 303 Logistics Center) at Cotton Lane and Glendale Avenue.
8. AZ Big Media recently published a list of 6 Commercial Real Estate Projects to Watch from around the Greater Phoenix area. The selections were:
- Multifamily: Moontower PHX: Phoenix
- Education: Applied Research Building: Tucson
- Mixed-Use: The Grove: Phoenix
- Public: Tolleson Civic Center: Tolleson
- Multifamily: Skye on 6th: Phoenix
- Industrial: Craft Workforce Center: Chandler
9. The 17KSF, $9M Sahuarita Library on West Sahuarita Road opened for business September 7th.
10. The LaQuinta Inn & Suites at Copper Sky in Maricopa has finished construction and will begin receiving guests September 20th following a ribbon cutting ceremony.
11. Landsea Homes’ 40-unit single-family community Madison Square in North Central Phoenix will celebrate its grand opening on September 18th from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.