1. JE Dunn Construction and Anchor Health Properties announced they have broken ground on the $6.5M HonorHealth Prasada, a new state-of-the-art healthcare facility in Surprise. The new facility will offer a hybrid provider-based emergency room and urgent care model and is scheduled to be completed by early 2022. Devenney Group is the architect.
2. Toll Brothers Inc. is already going vertical with construction on Callia, a 403-unit luxury apartment community at the NWC of Central Avenue and Indian School Road, Phoenix. The project is expected to be completed in Summer 2022. The Davis Cos. is partnering with Toll Brothers on this project. Biltform Architecture is the design firm and Wespac Construction is the general contractor.
3. Harsch Investment Properties started construction on Queen Creek Commerce Center, a two-building, 560KSF industrial development at 555 E. Queen Creek Road. Construction is expected to be finished in the summer of 2022. Layton Construction was selected as the general contractor and the design team is VLMK Engineering + Design.
4. Pinal County and the Town of Queen Creek joined forces to move the first dirt last Thursday for construction of a new section of Meridian Road to connect with the new Gateway Freeway extension. The county and town are working together to build the $18.7M Meridian Road from Combs Road in the south to the highway extension. It is hoped the project will be completed ahead of ADOT’s opening of the SR 24 extension. T.Y. Lin International is the design firm and Rummel Construction is the general contractor.
5. Work began last week on the long-awaited Gila Bend Highway Railroad Underpass project. A crew working for contractor Ellison-Mills LLC recently began doing some concrete patching. Work on the underpass is expected to take two months to complete.
6. The Novus Innovation Corridor, a 355-acre master-planned mixed-use development located within Arizona State University’s Tempe campus, is nearing completion of its third phase. At build-out, Novus will comprise more than 10MSF of retail, restaurants, residential urban living, hotels and office space. Projects to be completed in phase three include the Piedmont, a multifamily structure that will add 318 units to the market once finished in December 2021. Opening in the third quarter of 2023 will be 700 Novus Place, which will have approximately 147.8KSF of office space and 11.5KSF of ground-floor retail. A new apartment complex developed by Transwestern and slated for completion in the second quarter of 2024 will contain 200 micro-units.
7. The Westin Tempe, a 290-room full-service hotel developed by CAI Investments and managed by Crescent Hotels & Resorts, is now open. The hotel boasts approximately 21KSF of exceptional indoor and outdoor event space and new dining concepts. RSP Architects was the design firm and Kitchell Corporation was the general contractor.