1. Bearizona broke ground on an all-new 40KSF habitat called The Grizzly Encounter. The nearly $1M addition will offer a top-of-the-line grizzly bear habitat and multiple viewing experiences for guests upon completion in Spring 2021.
2. Landsea Homes announced it has begun construction on 75 single-family homes at Riata at Alamar. Sales are expected to begin in September and the community Grand Opening is currently scheduled for October 10.
3. Sagewood has reached more than 70 percent in construction progress for its $100M, 220KSF Phase II that includes 101 independent living apartment homes, new restaurants and community amenities. Sagewood is being developed by LCS Development and is managed by Life Care Services. Todd & Associates is the architect and The Weitz Company is the general contractor. The project is expected to be complete in early 2021.
4. Valley Metro continues to move forward with expansion plans for the light rail and Tempe Streetcar. Construction of Tempe Streetcar is on the track is scheduled to be complete before the end of 2020, and cars will be delivered around the first quarter of the year. Utility work is well underway on the route down Central Avenue for the South Central Light Rail Extension, and construction is expected to be complete by the Super Bowl in 2023.
5. Meritage Homes has opened a planned 350-home development called Archer Meadows, located near Highway 60 and Queen Creek Marketplace in San Tan Valley. The development will also include an amenity-rich community center.
6. LGE Design Build recently completed construction on the 7.5KSF The Porch which fits right at home in the new 55KSF Collective on Baseline, Tempe.