1. Mortenson, in partnership with PGIM Real Estate and Urban Development Partners, has broken ground on its anticipated The Beam on Farmer, a five-story, 184KSF Class A office building at 401 S. Farmer Ave, Tempe. Completion of the Beam is anticipated in May 2022. The project architect is RSP Architects.
2. Continental Properties announced the groundbreaking of Springs at Eastmark, a luxury, 276-apartment home community at the intersection of E Warner Rd. and S Ellsworth Rd, Mesa. Pre-leasing will begin in early 2022 with move-ins expected as early as March 2022. Huitt-Zollars is the architect and McShane Construction is the general contractor.
3. The City of Glendale will officially break ground for the new Heroes Regional Park Lake Monday, May 24. The 4-acre lake at the NEC of 83rd Ave. and Bethany Home Rd., is set to be completed later this year and will be Glendale’s second community lake.
4. Amara Resort and Spa has embarked on a multimillion-dollar renovation. Nestled along the banks of Oak Creek, the renovation will be completed in phases in an effort not to affect the guest experience. Amara’s signature restaurant, SaltRock Southwest Kitchen, and the award-winning Amara Spa will also be enhanced, with the full project slated to be completed in fall 2021 ahead of Labor Day weekend.
5. Construction of a $25M Sci-Tech Facility and other upgrades at historic Mesa High School began Tuesday. The new science and technology building will also be home to welding and construction classes. Orcutt | Winslow is the architect and CORE Construction is the general contractor.
6. A joint project between Brightmark and the Caballero Dairy Farm in Eloy, which includes an anaerobic digester complex that will convert organic waste from the dairy into biogas that can then be piped and used as renewable natural gas for vehicles, recently broke ground. When operating, the digesters are expected to produce 214 one-millionth BTU of gas daily and reduce 33,000 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions each year. The Eloy plant is expected to begin operation in 2022.
7. Desert Medical Campus, a four-building medical office complex located on South Dobson Road in Mesa, is currently undergoing the second and final phase of its $30M+ renovation and modernization program. The work planned includes new glass exterior facades, redesign of all public lobbies and common areas, enhanced way finding throughout the campus, updated signage, as well as an attractive outdoor plaza with solar paneled shade canopy and on-site café. This final phase is scheduled for completion in December 2021. Lillibridge is the owner, Krause is the architect and Okland Construction is the general contractor.
8. The long awaited $5.5M, 10.6KSF Gila County Payson Complex is taking shape by leaps and bounds. In a matter of just a few weeks the project went from an empty lot to the frame of a two-story building. The current schedule is for the building to be completed by November 2021 and ready for occupancy in December. Architekton is the architect and CORE Construction is the general contractor.
9. Sundt Construction, Inc. recently completed the Gila River Bridge replacement project on State Route 77 south of Winkelman. The design-bid-build project replaced a 1960s-era bridge with a new six-span concrete structure that is stronger, wider and safer. ADOT was the owner and design firm on the project.
10. CVS Health announced a recent $6M investment in new tenant improvements, and an additional 50KSF of space at its flagship Aetna One Advocate office at 1255 S. Spectrum Boulevard, Chandler. The project, located in the Allred Park Place development, now has capacity to serve more than 600,000 Aetna members.