1. Roman Catholic Diocese of Phoenix has scheduled a groundbreaking in Cave Creek on Nov. 17. The $18.5M expansion will include classrooms, administrative offices, and community center encompassing 43KSF. The design of the new building was handled by Phoenix Design Group LLC, and the general contractor for the expansion project is Forefront Development LLC.
2. The Phoenix Suns’ head coach Monty Williams, GM James Jones, team owner Robert Sarver, team president Jason Rowley, RED Development managing partner Mike Ebert and Phoenix councilman Sal DiCiccio of District 6 have broken ground on the new Suns Practice Facility.
3. Gila Bend Unified broke ground on a new PreK-12 bond project. The bond project will include a new academic building, gymnasium, bus bar, track and field, and renovations to the existing district office to be complete in fall 2020. Pono Construction is the general contractor for the project and Orcutt Winslow is the architect.
4. A new phase of design has started on the Peoria Public Library. The $3M renovation has already begun, with construction underway in the Willow Room. Improvements this year and beyond will be informed by the strategic plan’s final recommendations and needed funding, according to the city’s capital improvement program.
5. Five Star Development invited Town of Paradise Valley residents and neighbors to come visit the construction site for The Ritz-Carlton, Paradise Valley on Nov. 10. Everyone who attended received a tour of the property leading to the Grand Opening in 2020.
6. Robson Reserve at PebbleCreek, a Robson Senior Living Community, hosted a formal ribbon-cutting ceremony on October 23rd in Goodyear. The three-story, nearly 337KSF community features a theatre, internet café, bar and lounge, art gallery, game room, resort-style pool, fitness center, a full service salon, bark park, exceptional dining, beautiful courtyards and an on-site physician office.
7. PHX Beer Co. announced the official grand opening of the new Brewery and Tap Room on Friday, Nov. 15. PHX Beer Co. renovated the 15KSF building on Washington Street.
8. Chandler Marriott has completed construction. The 182KSF hotel features 264 rooms, spanning eight floors. It is managed by Winegardner & Hammons Hotel Group, LLC., an affiliate company of the Pyramid Hotel Group.
9. Abrazo Mesa Hospital opened on Oct. 1, it is designed as a neighborhood hospital focused on quality care, convenience and efficiency, the facility is smaller in scale than a typical general hospital. Like its larger Abrazo sister hospitals, it includes an ER, operating room, diagnostic imaging, laboratory and other services.
10. A ribbon cutting ceremony will be held for Zovio, a 130KSF facility near the Loop 202 Santan Freeway and Cooper Road.