1. From 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Nov. 3, Valley Partnership-led volunteers will build a park, garden, football field and playground for the Sunshine Acres Children’s Home.
2. Construction has begun on the first phase of the New Square $57M mixed-use development in downtown Chandler. Phase I includes 50KSF of office space, a 110-room Hilton Garden Inn and 9KSF of restaurant space.
3. Work is underway following the issuance of a $26.5M building permit for a 200KSF office building to house GEICO’s new facility in Tucson.
4. ADM Group, Inc. announced groundbreakings on state-of-the-art gymnasium facilities at four schools in the Alhambra Elementary School District. The schools are: Madrid Neighborhood School, Carol G. Peck Elementary School, Cordova Elementary School and Alhambra Traditional School.
5. SeaCa Packaging, owned by Seattle Tacoma Box Company, announced its expansion to Greater Phoenix with the groundbreaking of a manufacturing plant in Surprise.
6. Greenberg Construction announced the groundbreaking of the Keams Canyon 19-unit Apartments project for the Hopi tribe that took place October 31, 2018
7. The Surprise City Council gathered Oct. 30 near Cactus Road and Cotton Lane in Surprise for a groundbreaking ceremony for the Toll Brothers 780-acre master planned community.
8. The Palazzo senior living community is undergoing a $5M renovation and expansion project scheduled for completion early next year. The remodeling efforts continue to transform the affordable continuing care community into a sleek, modern living environment with resort-style amenities.
9. Banner Health announced its 372.5KSF, $418M 16-story hospital tower at Banner-University Medical Center Phoenix, 1111 E. McDowell Road, will open November 6.
10. The new Phoenician Golf Club in Scottsdale has opened for daily-fee and resort play following a 10-month redesign and renovation project. The new 18-hole golf course was designed by Scottsdale-based architect Phil Smith.