1. ViaWest Group has kicked off major renovations at 200 EVB, an office building purchased late last year located at 200 E. Van Buren, Phoenix. The building’s Third Street parking garage is also undergoing an LED retrofit and the addition of an improved parking system.
2. The University of Arizona (UA) broke ground on a new incubator focused on bioscience startups on September 4th. The incubator, UA Center for Innovation at Oro Valley, located at the UA Tech Park at Rita Road, will provide space and business incubation programs for nascent life science businesses to develop their technology and business.
3. ViaWest Group will kick off construction the week after Labor Day on two spec industrial buildings located at the SWC of Willis Road and Hamilton in the Chandler Airport submarket, totaling 140.4KSF. The project will complete Phase II of the AZ 202 Commerce Park; Phase I, a build-to-suit for PODS® Moving and Storage, was delivered in April of 2018. Phase II has a planned delivery of April 2020.
4. Foundation Capital Partners (FCP) and Baker Development Corporation (BDC) have broken ground on a two-building, Class A industrial project at SEC and SWC of 143rd Avenue at Van Buren Street called VB/143. The general contractor is Layton Construction Company. Butler Design Group is the architect. The project is scheduled for completion by fourth quarter 2019.
5. CCR North LLC has broken ground on Phase II of the Crismon Gateway Village, a ± $40M mixed-use project at 1839 S. Crismon Road Mesa, with retail, restaurant, and office building and 128-unit multifamily with individual suite patios. Phase II tenants will include Sassy’s Café & Bakery, Martin Dental, Vantage West Credit Union and more.
6. Remington Nevada recently broke ground on their latest retail development project, Gilbert Warner, a 95KSF shopping center located at 915 S. Gilbert Road. Phase I of construction is expected to be completed by mid-2020. The shopping center will be anchored by a 30KSF, two-story Planet Fitness. Additional tenants include Black Rock Coffee, Luxe Nails, Pacific Dental and BMO Harris Bank.
7. Premier Auto Center will be opening its new Mitsubishi Motors auto dealership at 1648 N. Pinal Avenue in October. The existing dealership will be remodeled.
8. The opening of the 67KSF Fry’s grocery store in downtown Phoenix, a first for the area, has been pushed back to late October. When it opens, it will be part of the Block 23 development, a 230KSF residential-office-retail complex currently being built by Red Development.