1. The Terracon Foundation announced the award of a $10K grant to the University of Arizona College of Engineering to help support Geotechnical and Civil Engineering student stipends. A $3,500 local community grant was also awarded to Tucson Clean and Beautiful, Inc. to help support the Youth Environmental Leadership & Action Mentoring Program.
Awards & Accolades
2. Brycon has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Phoenix Business Journal in the ‘large’ category.
Boards & Commissions
3. AZCREW has elected its officers and directors for 2022. The 2022 leadership consists of:
- Heather Fox Skinner, CBRE Global Workplace Solutions, President;
- Samantha Pinkal, Greater Phoenix Economic Counsel, President- Elect and Secretary;
- Lindsey Carlson, Colliers International, Immediate Past President;
- Amy Ferrari, Mode Commercial Real Estate, Treasurer;
- Alicia Jennings, RestorationHQ, Director;
- Jenny Liles, Cushman & Wakefield, Director;
- Elizabeth Paquette, Sonoran Property Construction, Director; and
- Michelle Rutkowski, MOR Studio, Director.
4. The Southwest chapter of the Real Estate Investment Advisory Council has announced its leadership for 2022.
Karla Moran, Principal, Economic Development with SRP takes over as President.
Officers for 2022 are:
- Arthur J. Ferrari III, LineageCRE, Vice President;
- Keyvan Ghahreman, Willmeng Construction, Secretary;
- Dick Lund, Biltmore Holdings, Program Chair;
- Chad Mantei, BBVA Commercial, Membership Chair;
- Phil McKenzie, KMPG, Treasurer; and
- Mark Singerman, The Rockefeller Group, Community Outreach Chair.
5. The Arizona Self-Storage Association has announced it will reinstate its Direct Liaison Program in the interest of giving members in rural areas a greater voice in the industry.
6. A coalition of some of the state’s leading economists, business officials, public affairs experts and developers have formed Home Arizona, a housing advocacy group with the goal of helping public officials understand housing issues and potential solutions in Arizona before those issues become a major problem facing economic development.
7. Nana Appiah has been appointed as the City of Mesa‘s Development Services Director. He will oversee planning, construction permitting, building inspections and historic preservation.
8. Cathy Thuringer has been promoted to Senior Managing Director of Trammell Crow Co. and will join the company’s executive committee. She will also remain in her role as Managing Director for the firm’s Phoenix office.
9. Justin Adams has been promoted to Project Director for McCarthy’s Southwest Regional healthcare services team.
10. Norris Design has announced the promotion of Denise Dunlop and Doug Prouty to Senior Associates in the Phoenix office and Teresa Pereira to Senior Associate in the Tucson office. Amy Peron in Tucson and Josh Perks in Phoenix were promoted to Associate.
11. Land use law firm Withey Morris has hired Alex Hayes as a land use and zoning attorney.